updating to adobe reader 9 with texniccenter

pretentious_indifference

Mar 27, 2011, 5:12:57 PM3/27/11
Anyone came across this problem before?

I have just upgraded to Adobe Reader 9 and now when I'm running one of
my pdf-output profiles in Texniccenter and use "Build" with the
current version of the pdf document output open in the background -
the pdf file closes no problem, but it also brings Reader onto the
foreground. Which means that I need to keep flicking between the
windows every time I compile the project. Will be grateful for any
help.

Thank you!
Cheers :)

PDF configuration in Texniccenter
Path of executable = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader
\AcroRd32.exe
View project's output = DDE command = [DocOpen("%bm.pdf")]
[FileOpen("%bm.pdf")] = acroview = control
Close document before running Latex = DDE command =
[DocClose("%bm.pdf")] = acroview = control

pretentious_indifference

Mar 28, 2011, 6:46:04 PM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 10:12 am, pretentious_indifference <smart.spo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone came across this problem before?

Found the resolution:

replace "close document before running latex" in texniccenter profiles
with

[DocOpen("%bm.pdf")][FileOpen("%bm.pdf")][DocClose("%bm.pdf")]

not pretty but works