New on CTAN: customdice

CTAN Announcements

Aug 2, 2022, 2:12:30 PM8/2/22
to ctan...@ctan.org
Peter Rowlett submitted the

customdice

package.

Version number: 1.0 2022-07-31
License type: cc-by-sa-4

Summary description: Simple commands for drawing customisable dice

Announcement text:

customdice is a package for LaTeX, LuaLaTeX and XeTeX that provides
functionality for drawing dice. The aim is to provide highly-customisable but
simple-to-use commands, allowing:

- adding custom text to dice faces;
- control over colouring;
- control over sizing.

I've long struggled to find a dice package I fully like. I have been using
epsdice, but it only offers white or black standard dice and I found I wanted to
draw dice with other text on the faces so I wrote this package which draws the
dice in TikZ and offers lots of customisation around what is displayed on the
dice face, colour and size.

This package is located at
https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/contrib/customdice

More information is at
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/customdice

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
Manfred Lotz

CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups.
Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs .