Multiple Line Equations

Marvin H. Blachman

Nov 15, 1994, 10:44:47 AM11/15/94
I'm trying to put an equation on multiple lines and have the variable
size delimiters match (specifically, curly brackets).

I'm in the eqnarray environment, and have what I believe is the correct
usage of \left., etc. I just don't know how to change the size of the
bracket unless there's some super/sub scripts that make it bigger. Is
there a different environment or delimiter I should be using?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Marvin Blachman

Ginsberg

Nov 17, 1994, 8:48:00 AM11/17/94
Marvin H. Blachman (mb...@andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
: I'm trying to put an equation on multiple lines and have the variable

You could try to use the plain TeX commands \big, \Big, \bigg, or \Bigg.
Maybe this helps.

Rainer Ginsberg.