Footnote citation with biblatex

Peter Flynn

Nov 29, 2021, 4:59:02 PM11/29/21
If you use author-year citation and \footcite, you get a superscript
number and an author-year citation at the foot of the page.¹ Fine.

I have a user who wants a partial reference as the footnote, eg
\footcite[p.3]{boole47} would produce something like this².

Before I start digging into the internals, has anyone implemented
anything like this? I seem to remember seeing a \footfullcite which gave
you the entire reference, but the partial reference format shown below
is apparently more common in some fields.

Peter

1. Boole 1847
2. Boole, G (1847) The mathematical analysis of logic, p.3