Numbered bibliography items in beamer

Merciadri Luca

Nov 13, 2010, 8:58:04 AM11/13/10

Ulrich M. Schwarz

Nov 13, 2010, 9:45:39 AM11/13/10
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:58:04 +0100, Merciadri Luca

Ulrich M. Schwarz

Nov 13, 2010, 2:15:02 PM11/13/10
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:06:59 +0100, Merciadri Luca
<Luca.Me...@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> "Ulrich M. Schwarz" <broth...@gmx.net> writes:

[...]

>> Try \setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[text] ?
>> This should give you the labels as specified by abbrv, why you'd
>> suddenly want numbers in
>> the bibliography, I don't know.
> But I'm here including a bib file. How could I then use this command?
>
> I simply want numbers because I do references through the
> presentation, i.e. `see \cite{stuff}.' Having `see [1]' and no [1] at
> the end is somewhat weird.

Yes, but if you're using the abbrv style, aren't you getting something
like [Knu74] in the first place, not [1]? As I understand it, the changed
beamertemplate should give you output that looks like the usual LaTeX
behaviour.

HTH
Ulrich

Merciadri Luca

Nov 13, 2010, 2:36:15 PM11/13/10

Ulrich M. Schwarz

Nov 13, 2010, 3:17:35 PM11/13/10
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:36:15 +0100, Merciadri Luca
<Luca.Me...@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> Okay. But, then, what is `bibliography item'? Sorry for my noobness in
> this.

Aaaah, I see your point. No, you just say literally
\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[text]%,
because internally, Beamer puts the formatting of bibliography items
through a template macro
called, well, "bibliography item". (text is one of some pre-defined
settings so you don't have
to program it yourself. They are documented in beameruserguide.pdf, one of
the later sections
in the chapter on the static global structure.

HTH, don't panic, we'll get it to work :)
Ulrich

Merciadri Luca

Nov 13, 2010, 5:48:26 PM11/13/10

froze...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2013, 3:48:54 AM1/8/13
14 Kasım 2010 Pazar 00:48:26 UTC+2 tarihinde Merciadri Luca yazdı:
thank you for your advice and I used it.

yuri.f...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2013, 5:55:18 PM7/27/13
Awesome thread!
It's weird that this is not the default...

Thanks Ulrich! :)

vk.tri...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 1:57:36 AM3/12/14
Hi!

You can use the following

\documentclass{beamer}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
\begin{thebibliography}{9}
\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[online]
\bibitem{A} ItemA
\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[book]
\bibitem{B} ItemB
\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[article]
\bibitem{C} ItemC
\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[triangle]
\bibitem{D} ItemD
\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}[text]
\bibitem{E} ItemE
\end{thebibliography}
\end{frame}

\end{document}