The documents contains subset fonts that have the same name and cannot be merged

Heather Lee

Jun 29, 2003, 11:22:28 AM6/29/03
"The documents contains subset fonts that have the same name and cannot be
merged"

I get this message when i try to merge a 20 page document (into a single
file)
What does it mean and how can I get around it?

I use Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (WinXP)

Any help is appreciated
Heather

Tony Lavender

Jul 3, 2003, 5:05:07 PM7/3/03
It means that when the PDFs were created, the option to subset fonts was
selected. So, not all characters from a font were included in the document.
Effectively, character code 100 in document A is not (or may not be: Acrobat
doesn't know) the same as character 100 in document B. If you can re-create
the PDFs without subset fonts you can merge them. Or, if you have those
fonts on your machine, you can re-save them from Acrobat without subsetting
and then merge them. If you got the documents from someone else and you
don't have the fonts, I think you're out of luck (others closer to guru-hood
may have a better answer!)

--
moc.oca...@rednevalt.org
Remove the ".org" then reverse what's left

"Heather Lee" <HL...@Hotmail.com> wrote in message