printing to PDF

l-l...@uiuc.edu

May 11, 2014, 6:08:41 PM5/11/14
I have an entire text that I wrote many years ago using ILEAF6. I want to put it on line for students by converting it to PDF files (my answer to $150 texts).

I used the "print to pdf" option in ileaf6 to print a chapter. Fantastic! But, there are two slight problems. In Ileaf I designed the book so that some of the text often referred to the figure on a facing page. That's easy to do in Ileaf, and in PDF just show two pages side by side in the PDF file. However, in laying things out I always started a chapter on the right page; that's an option in Ileaf6 too. When it prints to pdf, I can't find that option and the resulting PDF file starts on the left side of the two page sequence. That screws up my idea of text and figure on facing pages.

Does anybody have an easy fix for this in either the print to PDF or the resulting Acrobat file?

Len

l-l...@uiuc.edu

May 13, 2014, 5:10:55 PM5/13/14
Forget it. I just found that Interleaf6 has a built in printer. Works great.

Len

chris....@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 6:16:04 AM3/15/16
On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 11:10:55 PM UTC+2, l-l...@uiuc.edu wrote:
> Forget it. I just found that Interleaf6 has a built in printer. Works great.
>
> Len

Hi Len,

I have a similar problem, we have over 20 CD's with .pl files on them and i have to convert them to pdf's. Unfortunatelly i dont have access to the PC where the software is originally installed. Can you tell me where i can get that programm?

randyl....@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2016, 11:52:27 PM4/15/16
> Hi Len,
>
> I have a similar problem, we have over 20 CD's with .pl files on them and i have to convert them to pdf's. Unfortunatelly i dont have access to the PC where the software is originally installed. Can you tell me where i can get that programm?

The only way I know of to convert PL files into PDF is to print them via the printing facility of QuickSilver. You will need to contact BroadVision for that. Also, be aware that most experts in Interleaf/QuickSilver have left this newsgroup and have found a home at the QuickSilver Connection: http://qs-connection.clearvale.com/

Regards,
Randyl Kent Plampin