Adobe 9, save as prompt when trying to open a .PDF file

Will

Jun 29, 2010, 12:54:14 PM6/29/10
One of our users is trying to open a .PDF file in Adobe 9 and receives
a file download prompt indicating ' Do you want to save this file, or
find a program online to open it ? ' His settings are set to display
in browser. Am I missing any settings? Opening the file works for me,
but our department is using 8.2.2. Does anyone know what is going on
here?

Thanks

disco2hse

Jul 4, 2010, 12:44:53 AM7/4/10

Hmm. Lemme see. I wonder which Adobe product that could be:

Acrobat
Photoshop
Premiere
Fireworks
InDesign
FrameMaker

Must be FrameMaker given this is the FrameMaker user group. But I
don't remember a 8.2.2 version of FM. Curious.

Must be the same guy who posted the same query here:
http://www.framemakerfdksource.com/bloggers/other-sites/2010/06/29/adobe-9-save-as-prompt-when-trying-to-open-a-pdf-file/

So of course we don't know what app this person is using or where the
file download warning is coming from...