index in TOC

jammer

Nov 20, 2009, 9:51:48 PM11/20/09
I am having trouble getting my index to show up in my table of
contents.
It shows up only if I put the title on the body page (not on the
master page).

Ron

Nov 21, 2009, 11:28:22 PM11/21/09
jammer <james...@mail.com> wrote:

You're importing the index by reference, right? Tell more about what
you're doing.

jammer

Nov 26, 2009, 2:26:52 AM11/26/09
On Nov 21, 11:28 pm, RonThe...@null.invalid (Ron) wrote:

I'm just creating an index in my book.
Then I tried adding a title to the index master page but I have to add
the heading to the body page for it to show up in my TOC.

Bjørn

Nov 27, 2009, 2:22:24 PM11/27/09
Does sound a little confusing. A index and a toc is not the same thing
and you would normally not put an index in a toc. The index is created
on the basis of index markers. The toc on the basis of paragraph tags.
Can you make a more elaborate explanation of what you want to achieve?

Best regards
Bj�rn

Ron

Nov 27, 2009, 2:39:31 PM11/27/09
jammer <james...@mail.com> wrote:

Why would you add a title to the master page? I have never done that.

When I have a book that includes an index, I put a title heading,
"Index," at the top of the first body page of the generated index file.
The generated content follows the title. (You have to generate an index
first, then add the title, of course.) The title of the index shows up
in the TOC (if you set it up that way) and the index prints with the
book, traditionally at the end.

Ron