Putty Display - Number of lines doesn't change when resizing

瀏覽次數:1,077 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

mrnatha...@gmail.com

未讀,
2008年5月12日 凌晨4:35:112008/5/12
收件者:
Hi,

I use Putty to connect from Windows to Unix hosts. If I have a default
screen size of 80x24, everything works well. However, if I resize the
screen so that the number of columns is larger than 24 and then try to
'more' a file, the display does not use the whole window, instead when
I move up or down, only a small section actually updates.

I've tried various options, setting TERM to xterm, vt100, lft but
nothing makes any difference. I'm writing code on a 22 inch monitor
and it would be HIDEOUSLY helpful to get this working!

Can anyone help?

Unix Ned.

Torfinn Ingolfsen

未讀,
2008年5月12日 清晨5:14:032008/5/12
收件者:
mrnatha...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Putty to connect from Windows to Unix hosts. If I have a default
> screen size of 80x24, everything works well. However, if I resize the
> screen so that the number of columns is larger than 24 and then try to
> 'more' a file, the display does not use the whole window, instead when
> I move up or down, only a small section actually updates.

Ypur'e not telling what os the unix hosts are running, but unices have a
'stty' command.
If all else fails, you can always use that (hint: cols and rows arguments).
Sometimes 'stty sane helps also.
Do a 'man stty' to find out more.
HTH
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway

Thierry B.

未讀,
2008年5月12日 清晨5:30:462008/5/12
收件者:
--{ mrnatha...@gmail.com a plopé ceci: }--

> I use Putty to connect from Windows to Unix hosts. If I have a default
> screen size of 80x24, everything works well. However, if I resize the
> screen so that the number of columns is larger than 24 and then try to
> 'more' a file, the display does not use the whole window, instead when
> I move up or down, only a small section actually updates.

0) Please, tell us what Unix and what shell you are using.

1) At the prompt, type this command: 'echo $LINES $COLUMNS'
and past the answer here.

2) After resizing your putty, at the prompt, type the
command 'reset' and see if that resolve the problem.

3) Try to resize your putty _before_ the login sequence.

--
Il est important de prendre en compte le fait que 99,99% de la
population mondiale se contretape de usenet.

0 則新訊息