PuTTY 0.77 window closes unexpectedly

Kevin McGregor

Feb 15, 2023, 10:23:19 AM2/15/23
Has anyone seen this happen? I'm using PuTTY 0.77 on Windows 10. I created a Saved Session with "Close window on exit: Never" set. I've been using this for a long time with no problem.

Now, however, I'm forced to access servers (still via PuTTY) over a VPN (Alt-VPN). I get disconnected at times, and usually I just go to the menu and choose "Restart Session" which works fine. Over the VPN, though, if there is a disconnection caused by the VPN dropping, and while the VPN is dead (sometimes I can't tell) and I choose Restart Session I get a "PuTTY Error" (title) dialogue box which says "Unable to open connection to <host name is here> Host does not exist" ... and then the window closes!

This seems to be a bug. Has anyone reported anything like this yet?