Can't Type Anything in Putty's Command Propt

CatzCradle

Sep 19, 2012, 8:49:42 PM9/19/12
Hello,

I just tried setting up Putty for the first time today. After I entered all the necessary information in the Setup and clicked 'Open.' A Command Prompt opens up.
However, when I try to type my Username and Password in, nothing shows up. I am not able to type anything into the program.

Does anyone know why this is happening? How can I fix this please?

Thank you.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 20, 2012, 8:30:03 AM9/20/12
Did you enter hostname or IP address in the destination box, the correct
port number in the port box (probably 22), and choose connection type,
which I assume is ssh as you're using putty?

Assuming you want to use those settings again, don't forget to click
saved session.

rosa...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2012, 12:49:25 PM9/20/12
Thanks for the reply!

Yes I entered those information, but didn't click 'Saved Session (I didn't know there was an option).' I just clicked 'Open.'

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 20, 2012, 5:55:57 PM9/20/12
Do you have a duplexing mismatch?

Click Terminal and look at settings under Line Discipline. Is local
echo set to auto?

rosa...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2012, 7:49:40 PM9/20/12
Yes it is.

I think I finally figured out what my problem was. I originally stupidly thought a 'Host Name' was simply the name of your computer login like 'User' until I checked a site like snoopmyip.com/.
But when I went to SSH > Tunnels and tried to add a 'Source Port' with ' phspiaguest-nat-address.partners.org:23456', I keep getting the message "You need specify a destination address in the form "host.name:port". Why can't I add it? What am I doing wrong?
Message has been deleted

aseemdr...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 4:46:11 PM1/17/14
Open Cydia.
1) Click the "Changes" tab in the footer.
2) Press the "Refresh" button in the top left corner.
3) After "Reloading Data", perform a search for "p0sixspwn" (the O is a zero).
4) Tap Install.
5 After installing p0sixspwn your device is untethered
6) Install ultrasnow 1.2.8( u can use iphone yeta,repo666.ultrasn0w.com or iphone folders any other methodes)
7) Restart your device enjoy

**Rather than using PuTTY for terminal on windows, a better solution would be to use mobile terminal on your apple iphone.**

Go to Cydia
Go to Cydia tab in footer
Scroll down and click "Open SSH"
Scroll down and click on "Change Default Password"
In Option C, you'll find mobile terminal. Click on it.
Install mobile terminal
Exit Cydia and open mobile terminal

You don't have to type the ip address. Type
iphone:~ mobile$ **su root**

The default password is alpine (it won't be visible when you type. Hit return after you've finished

Use the following if you are trying to solve NO SERVICE error in untethered mode
root# chmod 755 /var/mobile/ /var/mobile/Library/ /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
Exit mobile terminal and go to setting > general > reset > reset network settings
Let the phone reboot itself.

Follow this after the above steps

http://sirajgonjtel.blogspot.in/2014/01/iphone-3gs-613-no-service-100-work.html

aseemdr...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 4:46:39 PM1/17/14

powerful...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2014, 3:33:20 PM8/23/14
I initially had that problem and realized I was putting the wrong IP address so it was not prompting me anything.
When I fixed it, it was prompting me to enter the username but then the password wouldn't show me typing it so it was giving me an access denied message.
Even if it doesn't show it is typing it. After a few tries it let me in

Hope that helped.

timoth...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2014, 10:53:53 AM9/24/14
Even though you can't see what you're typing, you are in fact entering characters into the program (or at least this is how it works on my computer). Type in your username, press enter, and see what happens.

April Steel

May 3, 2015, 4:30:40 AM5/3/15
is what was wrong with mine had to change both options to force . Whats the permanent fix?

petfi...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 2:32:09 PM9/16/16

William Pechter

Sep 16, 2016, 5:04:43 PM9/16/16
In article <d71946f1-6d2d-4803...@googlegroups.com>,
What are your settings? What protocol are you using? Are you using a modem?
What terminal emulation are you using? What type of system are you connecting
to?

Bill

Digital had it then. Don't you wish you could buy it now!
pechter-at-gmail.com http://xkcd.com/705/

rung...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 10:39:47 AM4/7/17
Did you ever find a solution? I'm still stuck.

jud...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2017, 8:11:21 AM12/20/17
this problem has not been solved yet

jud...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2017, 8:14:05 AM12/20/17
you problem and mine are alike, how do you solve yours

shoaibh...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 4:19:29 PM2/28/18
any one solve this problem?

shoaibh...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 4:20:41 PM2/28/18
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 2:19:29 AM UTC+5, shoaibh...@gmail.com wrote:
> any one solve this problem?

if solved, also this. Thanks

shoaibh...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 4:21:50 PM2/28/18
any can solve this problem

Scott Dorsey

Mar 18, 2018, 4:27:36 PM3/18/18
In article <7206558c-03d1-4056...@googlegroups.com>,
<shoaibh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>any can solve this problem

Well, Putty doesn't have a command prompt, so that's your first issue.
And why people keep coming to a terminals group to ask about Putty is
another issue. But, tell us, what are you actually trying to do?
--scott

David Kaasen

Mar 31, 2018, 10:46:10 AM3/31/18
Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com> wrote:
> In article <7206558c-03d1-4056...@googlegroups.com>,
> <shoaibh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >any can solve this problem
>
> Well, Putty doesn't have a command prompt, so that's your first issue.
> And why people keep coming to a terminals group to ask about Putty is
> another issue.

Putty is a _terminal_ emulator. One of the most used, I believe.

Regards from
David Kaasen (who prefers urxvt).

Scott Dorsey

Mar 31, 2018, 5:24:53 PM3/31/18
David Kaasen <kaa...@nvg.ntnu.no> wrote:
>Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com> wrote:
>> In article <7206558c-03d1-4056...@googlegroups.com>,
>> <shoaibh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >any can solve this problem
>>
>> Well, Putty doesn't have a command prompt, so that's your first issue.
>> And why people keep coming to a terminals group to ask about Putty is
>> another issue.
>
>Putty is a _terminal_ emulator. One of the most used, I believe.

It is, yes. This group was chartered for supporting actual terminals,
not emulators.

kuhn...@gmail.com

May 7, 2018, 10:02:34 AM5/7/18
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 8:49:42 PM UTC-4, CatzCradle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using this application .... Putty. It has worked fine for me for almost a year and now all of a sudden I cant use my keyboard at all, except for Starting Putty. When your done bickering over this Program aka Putty, can someone please tell me/us how to fix the issue.

PS if your only on here to tell us what this program is then please save your comments till we fix the issue or help us fix it. :)

> Thank you.

mk...@eendusa.com

Jun 14, 2018, 12:39:39 PM6/14/18
here everyone try this.

To disable Device Guard or Credential Guard:
Disable the group policy setting that was used to enable Credential Guard.
On the host operating system, click Start > Run, type gpedit.msc, and click Ok. The Local group Policy Editor opens.
Go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Guard > Turn on Virtualization Based Security.
Select Disabled.

Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Turn Windows features on or off to turn off Hyper-V.
Select Do not restart.
Delete the related EFI variables by launching a command prompt on the host machine using an Administrator account and run these commands:

mountvol X: /s
copy %WINDIR%\System32\SecConfig.efi X:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi /Y
bcdedit /create {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} /d "DebugTool" /application osloader
bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} path "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi"
bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootsequence {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215}
bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} loadoptions DISABLE-LSA-ISO,DISABLE-VBS
bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} device partition=X:
mountvol X: /d

Note: Ensure X is an unused drive, else change to another drive.

Restart the host.
Accept the prompt on the boot screen to disable Device Guard or Credential Guard.

Tommy Thorn

May 10, 2022, 3:17:25 PM5/10/22
I know this is a 4 year old convo. but I wanted to share what worked for me.
I opened up the properties of putty (right click on the putty icon), then ran compatibility troubleshooter.
Then tried the fix, the putty box opened, I hit the enter key and it worked.
I hope this helps someone.
Tommy T

Yummy Negosyo Recipe

Oct 9, 2022, 8:49:28 PM10/9/22
I have same problem too.. as in blank and cannot type any character. what i did I click on the upper right logo of putty then choose duplicate session then on that i logged in and entered password.