ASCII Printing Terminals

Keith Densmore

Dec 29, 2021, 11:21:09 AM12/29/21
Greeting to All,
I am trying to add to a list of data terminals that have the following features.

1/ ASCII RS232 interface
2/ Contain both a printer, keyboard, and some type of screen, large or small.
3/ Roll feed paper, not single sheets.

So far I can only come up with a Brother EP44 and a Panasonic KX-D4930.
Do you know of any others that fill the bill?

Thanks,
Keith

Roger Ivie

Dec 29, 2021, 2:55:17 PM12/29/21
On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 8:21:09 AM UTC-8, Keith Densmore wrote:
> Greeting to All,
> I am trying to add to a list of data terminals that have the following features.
>
> 1/ ASCII RS232 interface
> 2/ Contain both a printer, keyboard, and some type of screen, large or small.
> 3/ Roll feed paper, not single sheets.

well, kind of.

i have a canon typestar 5r typewriter. it has an ascii rs232 interface, a keyboard,
and a display. however, it cannot transmit data from the keyboard to rs232; it's
a typewriter that can act as a printer, not a terminal.

as far as paper goes, it'd be agnostic on that score; back when i was using it,
i used stacks of tractor-feed paper with the ears torn off. it'll take single sheets,
or you could use a roll the same way i was using stacks of tractor-feed paper.

i also have a dec la100 terminal. the tractor feed was an option, which
i happen to have. naturally, i used it with tractor feed paper. however, since the
tractor feed was an option, it will grip and advance single sheets. you could feed
a roll through it.
--
roger ivie
roger...@gmail.com