PuTTY Documentation

jarp

May 9, 2022, 5:13:21 AM5/9/22
Hello,

I haven't been able to find detailed information about the "use font
encoding" option within "Remote Character Set". Neither in the
documentation nor anywhere else.
Could someone explain to me what exactly that option means?

Actually my problem is:

Terminal: Putty // Remote Character Set // UTF-8
Server: Debian // bash // LANG=es_ES.UTF-8

All works fine, even $ vim file_with_accents # --> ok
But $ cat file_with_accents # --> garbled

But if I change in "Remote Character Set", "UTF-8" to "Use Font
Encoding", *cat* works fine while *vim* displays accented characters wrong.

jarp

May 26, 2022, 7:22:08 AM5/26/22
Nadie sabe qué es "use font encoding"?