Moderating the group

Marco Antoniotti

Dec 9, 2023, 10:19:48 AM12/9/23
Hi

I am a lurker here, but it looks like I could send over here my 42 Tb of kitten pictures if I wanted to.

Is there anybody moderating the group?

Thank you

Marco

Kira Ash

Dec 9, 2023, 12:01:44 PM12/9/23
It definitely seems like the spam problem is getting out of control.

Don Vito Martinelli

Dec 9, 2023, 12:46:32 PM12/9/23
I'm not sure if you can send attachments, not many access points permit
them. Google Groups postings are also routinely checked for spam so the
chances are that you would be nailed there.
Hardly any groups are moderated.

Grant Taylor

Dec 9, 2023, 1:46:49 PM12/9/23
On 12/9/23 11:46, Don Vito Martinelli wrote:
> Hardly any groups are moderated.

N.B. moderation is not the panacea that some would like it to be.

There /are/ ways around moderation.

--
Grant. . . .

Marco Moock

Dec 17, 2023, 9:56:12 AM12/17/23
Am 09.12.2023 um 07:19:46 Uhr schrieb Marco Antoniotti:

> I am a lurker here, but it looks like I could send over here my 42 Tb
> of kitten pictures if I wanted to.

Google doesn't stop spammers abusing their service. Although that will
stop when Google shuts down Usenet peering.

Use another newsserver like solani.org with a client like Mozilla
Thunderbird.

> Is there anybody moderating the group?

No, the group is unmoderated and there is no way to moderate it without
deleting the group and creating a moderated one via the normal way big
8 newsgroups are changed.

Einar Flaathe

Dec 22, 2023, 9:51:29 AM12/22/23
Testing: Reply to list

Einar Flaathe

Dec 22, 2023, 9:54:05 AM12/22/23
On 2023-12-09 16:19, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
Testing: Reply to sender only

Einar Flaathe

Dec 22, 2023, 9:58:37 AM12/22/23
On 2023-12-09 16:19, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
Testing: Reply to All

Einar Flaathe

Dec 22, 2023, 10:41:12 AM12/22/23
On 2023-12-09 16:19, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
TESTING REPLY TO SENDER ONLY

Einar Flaathe

Dec 22, 2023, 10:42:28 AM12/22/23
On 2023-12-09 16:19, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
TESTING REPLY TO ALL

Einar Flaathe

Dec 22, 2023, 10:43:31 AM12/22/23
On 2023-12-09 16:19, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
TESTING REPLY TO LIST

Einar Flaathe

Dec 26, 2023, 10:35:51 AM12/26/23
I understand