anyone recognise this Unisys system?

Nigel Williams

Apr 22, 2021, 8:01:07 AM4/22/21
https://i.imgur.com/Pnf5X0C.jpg

Wondering if anyone can dissect the system shown in this photo please and identify the components and era. It is likely the system is incomplete; its history has not been conveyed and we only have this image to work with.

Andrew

Apr 22, 2021, 11:22:40 AM4/22/21
Well, the words "A Series" and "Processor" are a definite clue.
Beyond that, I can't interpret the labels below the right-hand monitor.
I last had physical access to our mainframes in 2004 so I don't know
when Unisys moved from CRT monitors to flat screens, I think it was
later than that.

sboy...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 11:24:15 AM4/22/21
On Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 8:01:07 AM UTC-4, Nigel Williams wrote:
> https://i.imgur.com/Pnf5X0C.jpg
>
> Wondering if anyone can dissect the system shown in this photo please and identify the components and era. It is likely the system is incomplete; its history has not been conveyed and we only have this image to work with.

It's an A-Series of some vintage. Couldn't tell you which one.

TKosfeld

Apr 22, 2021, 11:36:47 AM4/22/21
On 4/22/2021 9:01 AM, Nigel Williams wrote:
> https://i.imgur.com/Pnf5X0C.jpg
>
> Wondering if anyone can dissect the system shown in this photo please and identify the components and era. It is likely the system is incomplete; its history has not been conveyed and we only have this image to work with.

Looks like an A11 ou A14.

Bob Rahe

Apr 22, 2021, 2:00:00 PM4/22/21
On 4/22/21 11:36 AM, TKosfeld wrote:
> On 4/22/2021 9:01 AM, Nigel Williams wrote:
>> https://i.imgur.com/Pnf5X0C.jpg
>>
>> Wondering if anyone can dissect the system shown in this photo please
>> and identify the components and era. It is likely the system is
>> incomplete; its history has not been conveyed and we only have this
>> image to work with.
>>
> Looks like an A11 ou A14.

Yeah, looks like an A11 that we had altho this one is pretty incomplete.

Bob

sro...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 5:23:46 PM4/22/21
90's vintage, judging by the paint scheme

Paul Kimpel

Apr 22, 2021, 7:55:30 PM4/22/21
I agree that it's an A11 or A14, but more probably an A11. It looks like
it's just the central electronics module (CPU, I/O? memory?) at the base
of the rack; can't tell what's in the middle of the rack except for the
QIC drives. The right-hand monitor looks like a T27. The left-hand
monitor is of a later vintage, but don't know the model.

Paul