BTOS / Rats / B21

bto...@granosalisfilm.de

May 27, 2008, 4:13:54 AM5/27/08
Oddly enough the program was supplied with the computer, and it runs
installed from disks labeled B28 BTOS 7.0.4D. Is this a hardware
problem (graphics card) or simply a question of installing the soft
fonts?

Charlie Brown

May 27, 2008, 7:45:00 PM5/27/08
> Is this a hardware problem (graphics card) or simply a question
> of installing the soft fonts?

The short answer is yes, it's a hardware problem (graphics card), hence the
error code 7 (Not implemented).
The B21 hardware does not support soft fonts. I am not aware of any
workaround that will allow RATS to run on a B21.

roro

May 28, 2008, 4:25:13 AM5/28/08
You say the disk was labled B28BTOS...

The B28 was a much later model than the B21. So the disks you have are not
the right ones for your B21.

Regards,

Robert

<bto...@granosalisfilm.de> wrote in message

Arthur Shapiro

May 28, 2008, 12:12:02 PM5/28/08
Just as an irrelevant aside, I can remember diddling that game, decades ago,
to have the rats chasing and eating babies.

Art

Mike Kain

May 29, 2008, 12:52:14 PM5/29/08
I remember someone showing me that game on my first day as a co-op in
Downingtown Building # 8
back in 1984. I remember wondering what I had gotten myself into....

Mike

"Arthur Shapiro" <art.s...@unisys.com> wrote in message

Andy Mountford

May 30, 2008, 6:52:22 AM5/30/08

Mike,

To think you could have made good your escape right then and there...

Andy

Paul Hudson

May 31, 2008, 12:25:26 AM5/31/08

I was never very good at Rats but I did enjoy playing it on Saturdays.
Went
in one Sat. morning to play Rats for "a little while" and ended up
killing
eight hours. Still miss that game!

(Worked in the Norcross, GA location on GFS from 88-92, along with
another
occasional poster here, Vern from Dahlonega (inside joke - blah, blah,
blah).)

Paul