Re: MCPExpress - going away!

Message has been deleted

TKosfeld

Aug 11, 2021, 9:51:34 AM8/11/21
On 8/11/2021 10:17 AM, Einar Flaathe wrote:
> Today i received the following email from <MCPEx...@unisys.com>.
>
> Einar;
> You are correct in that the MCP Express 6.0 content is the same as what was delivered 2H2020. The one difference is the original MCP Express 6.0 expired July 31, 2021 whereas the current package will expire December 31, 2021.
> This is the last planned deliverable for MCP Express.
> We encourage those who would like to continue to use an MCP environment to consider purchasing MCP DevStudio Personal Edition, or another ClearPath MCP Software Series offering, which provides an upgradable, non-expiring, supported environment.
> Regards
>
> Pamela Becker
> MCP Express Support

That's really bad news.
Any ideas about pricing for DevStudio Personal Edition ?

Stuart Macpherson

Aug 11, 2021, 9:52:25 AM8/11/21
On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:17:19 PM UTC+1, einar.a...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today i received the following email from <MCPEx...@unisys.com>.
>
> Einar;
> You are correct in that the MCP Express 6.0 content is the same as what was delivered 2H2020. The one difference is the original MCP Express 6.0 expired July 31, 2021 whereas the current package will expire December 31, 2021.
> This is the last planned deliverable for MCP Express.
> We encourage those who would like to continue to use an MCP environment to consider purchasing MCP DevStudio Personal Edition, or another ClearPath MCP Software Series offering, which provides an upgradable, non-expiring, supported environment.
> Regards
>
> Pamela Becker
> MCP Express Support
This is very disappointing to say the least, especially as the license only runs for another 4 months.
Maybe if enough of us download it, they'll have a change of heart. I imagine the Personal Edition costs silly money.
As an aside, the latest version is been completely stable since I installed it on my laptop last week (Window 10 Pro, 21H1) which not a single BSOD. No more waiting for it to "warm up".

Stuart
Message has been deleted

Scott Lurndal

Aug 12, 2021, 12:25:36 PM8/12/21
Einar Flaathe <einar.a...@gmail.com> writes:
>onsdag 11 augusti 2021 kl. 15:52:25 UTC+2 skrev Stuart Macpherson:
>> On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:17:19 PM UTC+1, einar.a...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > Today i received the following email from <MCPEx...@unisys.com>.
>> >
>> > Einar;
>> > You are correct in that the MCP Express 6.0 content is the same as what was delivered 2H2020. The one difference is the original MCP Express 6.0 expired July 31, 2021 whereas the current package will expire December 31, 2021.
>> > This is the last planned deliverable for MCP Express.
>> > We encourage those who would like to continue to use an MCP environment to consider purchasing MCP DevStudio Personal Edition, or another ClearPath MCP Software Series offering, which provides an upgradable, non-expiring, supported environment.
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > P****** B*****
>> > MCP Express Support
>> This is very disappointing to say the least, especially as the license only runs for another 4 months.
>> Maybe if enough of us download it, they'll have a change of heart. I imagine the Personal Edition costs silly money.
>> As an aside, the latest version is been completely stable since I installed it on my laptop last week (Window 10 Pro, 21H1) which not a single BSOD. No more waiting for it to "warm up".
>>
>> Stuart
>Can you please delete your post with P***** B***** name !!!

That's not possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

And you repeating the name only made it worse.

Einar Flaathe

Aug 15, 2021, 6:17:32 PM8/15/21
I am now up and running latest MCP Express.

Windows specifications:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎8/‎18/‎2020
OS build 19043.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

IK IPSHOW ALL

SYSTEM MCN/MACH 892091606/052F PARTITION 1 ACTIVE KEY 1
CURRENT IMAGE 1@100N
PARTITION [1] 1@100N/2

ID TYPE STATUS IMAGES

1 TERM ACTIVE 1@100N/2
Expires Sat, Jan 1, 2022 01:00
IP1-QHWMKUGZ4R17FCMWR5KHP14XBR6UBNZ817NK89D8KC1GJSD8G0FK

BSoD JANUS.sys still occurs sporadically w/
DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

/Einar