HMP 1.0 and the InterPro release

ramseyhere

Sep 7, 2023, 2:22:00 PM9/7/23
Who can recall the year that the "InterPro" release for MCP systems came out? This was when COMS/MARC/ADDS/SDF/etc. came out. I am pretty sure this was also the first HMP release - but could be wrong on that point. I know I worked on a major conversion from a B1000 to A3 where this was our first MCP release on the A3. We used all the tools to do their migration.
Thanks in advance!
ler

Pete Mullins

Sep 14, 2023, 4:33:31 AM9/14/23
I was one of the instructors on the 3.5 NPIT, February, 1985. We ran the TOI afterwards.

ramseyhere

Sep 14, 2023, 5:14:29 PM9/14/23
That puts a definite pin in the date/release for COMS and its buddies. Thanks.

Paul Kimpel

Sep 17, 2023, 10:35:11 AM9/17/23
MCP 3.5 (or III.5 as we would have written it then) ca. 1985 sounds
about right to me for COMS and MARC. It couldn't have been much earlier
than that. I'm not sure that SDF was available with the initial release
of COMS, but came soon later if not.

As I recall, HMP 1.0 came out much later -- in conjunction with the
NX-series machines in 1996.

Paul