MCP Express 6.0 blog post now available

Paul Kimpel

Jul 27, 2020, 9:30:07 PM7/27/20
I have just published a new UNITE MCP Insider blog post, "Upgrading to
MCP Express 6.0."

https://unite.org/wp/updating-mcp-express-to-version-6-0/

Please feel free to make comments against the post or to send them to
this newsgroup.
--
Paul

TKosfeld

Jul 28, 2020, 7:20:17 AM7/28/20
Unfortunately I'm unable to access the site.
I'm getting a HTTP response code 503.
Block Reason: Access from your area has been temporarily limited for
security reasons.
Protected by Wordfence.

Andrew

Jul 28, 2020, 7:26:52 AM7/28/20
TKosfeld wrote:
> On 7/27/2020 10:30 PM, Paul Kimpel wrote:
>> I have just published a new UNITE MCP Insider blog post, "Upgrading to
>> MCP Express 6.0."
>>
>> https://unite.org/wp/updating-mcp-express-to-version-6-0/
>>
>> Please feel free to make comments against the post or to send them to
>> this newsgroup.
>
> Unfortunately I'm unable to access the site.
> I'm getting a HTTP response code 503.
> Block Reason:    Access from your area has been temporarily limited for
> security reasons.
> Protected by Wordfence.

Curious (oder Kurios) - I can access that site without problems and I
think I'm in the same country as you.

TKosfeld

Jul 28, 2020, 8:07:53 AM7/28/20
Your guess was pretty good, I'm german, using a german email address,
but living in Brazil.

Paul Kimpel

Jul 28, 2020, 1:46:56 PM7/28/20
On 7/28/2020 5:07 AM, TKosfeld wrote:
> On 7/28/2020 8:26 AM, Andrew wrote:
>> TKosfeld wrote:

>>> Unfortunately I'm unable to access the site.
>>> I'm getting a HTTP response code 503.
>>> Block Reason:    Access from your area has been temporarily limited
>>> for security reasons.
>>> Protected by Wordfence.
>>>

>> Curious (oder Kurios) - I can access that site without problems and I
>> think I'm in the same country as you.
> Your guess was pretty good, I'm german, using a german email address,
> but living in Brazil.

We do have Wordfence active on the unite.org WordPress site, and it has
already blocked over 2900 access attempts this week, most due to complex
rule filtering and not simple blacklisting. Without more information, it
would be hard to tell why you are getting blocked. It's likely nothing
you are doing, but the behavior of some others in your region.

As a stopgap, I have loaded PDFs of the last two posts to a Google Drive
account. You won't be able to see any comments, but hopefully this will
at least let you read the posts:

Preparing for the 2020 MCP Express Release:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iIUzeAbU6JA8u5qqmIObBZ8UmAm-sPaQ/view?usp=sharing

Updating MCP Express to Version 6.0:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1zAXhKl_LNTUePvAeIkqnNW3uFk18ZJ/view?usp=sharing

Paul

TKosfeld

Jul 28, 2020, 3:33:03 PM7/28/20
Thanks a lot Paul.
That's very kind of you.
...Thomas
Message has been deleted

Paul Kimpel

Dec 13, 2020, 10:31:45 AM12/13/20
Dec 29, 2020, 1:58:41 PM12/29/20
Paul

1. What type of PC are you using? Is it virtualized? Desktop PC

> 2. What version of Windows are you using? If it's Windows 10, what
> version? You can determine that by running "winver" from a command line.
Win 10 Pro ver 1909 Build OS 18363.1256

> 3. Does your PC have a wired Ethernet port? Without that, you'll only be
> able to network over the EVLAN between the MCP (192.168.16.5) and local
> Windows (192.168.16.6) environments. The MCP does not support wireless
> adapters.

No wired Ether port

Thank you
Val