MCP Express

TKosfeld

Dec 23, 2021, 7:54:40 AM12/23/21
If I'm not mistaken, the current version of MCPExpress will expire by
the end of the year.
Any news regarding the next, hopefully updated version ?

Paul Kimpel

Dec 23, 2021, 11:18:42 AM12/23/21
> If I'm not mistaken, the current version of MCPExpress will expire by
> the end of the year.
> Any news regarding the next, hopefully updated version ?

My understanding is that the MCP Express program is being discontinued,
and that no further releases or updates are planned. The only
alternative appears to be purchasing a license for Developer Studio
Personal Edition.

Paul

barry....@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2021, 12:09:33 PM12/23/21
> > If I'm not mistaken, the current version of MCPExpress will expire by
> > the end of the year.
> > Any news regarding the next, hopefully updated version ?
> >
> My understanding is that the MCP Express program is being discontinued,
> and that no further releases or updates are planned. The only
> alternative appears to be purchasing a license for Developer Studio
> Personal Edition.
>
> Paul

I've not seen any formal announcement, but I believe what Paul says to be true. The 5-month extension was purely that - allowing some time to migrate to a paid solution.

It is a very disappointing move. The ability for students - or aged ethusiasts like myself - to have their own free "MCP playground" was a wonderful thing. But I suppose it is a financial decision: I doubt there is any direct benefit to Unisys aside from goodwill, and maybe the prospect of a potential sale somewhere down the line. But that has surely always been the case with this product, so it would be good to understand the reasoning behind the move.

RIP MCP-XE

Einar Flaathe

Dec 30, 2021, 4:01:58 PM12/30/21
I have contacted Unisys about acquiring Developer Studio Personal Edition, and
the following was their response:

The personal edition is aimed at contractors and independent developers for our platform.
The cost is about 20k euro for a 5 years license to support their business.
It is not really intended for personal use and we need a company to register the product to.
Please let me know if you want to use it for business use.

THEY NEED A COMPANY TO REGISTER THE PRODUCT TO!!!

Einar

Tim Lank

Jun 27, 2022, 2:02:40 PM6/27/22
On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 4:01:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I too contacted Unisys through a reseller and was quoted the following here in the U.S. for ClearPath MCP Developer Studio Personal Edition - System Type: DE1002

Software: ~$6000
Support for 5 years: ~$2500
Licensing for 5 years: ~$2500
Total: ~$11,000

Unisys will only sell to companies - and no credit cards or personal checks

-Tim

ramseyhere

Jul 9, 2022, 9:56:57 PM7/9/22
So, would those interested in purchasing a MCP DevStudio License be willing to be paired up with a VAR/Reseller in order to get a license. Part of the issue is the overhead of creating accounts for individuals to buy something from the company.

ramseyhere

Jul 30, 2022, 12:01:50 AM7/30/22
I posted the question about who would be interested in being paired with a Unisys VAR in order to purchase a full copy of MCP Developer Studio. This would be a fully licensed and supported product, much more robust than the MCP Express product previously available. Please feel free to reach out.
ler