ClearPath OS 2200 Express Release 18.0 is now available istead of 16.0

Keith Otis

Feb 16, 2021, 5:50:35 PM2/16/21
Just want to let everyone know that ClearPath OS 2200 Express Release 18.0 is
now available.

I got my download link a few minutes ago.

bhal...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2021, 10:42:22 PM2/17/21
Everyone can sign-up to download ClearPath OS 2200 Express Release 18.0 here: http://outreach.unisys.com/OS2200ExpressDownload

Andrew

May 9, 2021, 5:59:01 AM5/9/21
bhal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Everyone can sign-up to download ClearPath OS 2200 Express Release 18.0 here: http://outreach.unisys.com/OS2200ExpressDownload

That link did not work for me, but
https://www.unisys.com/offerings/clearpath-forward/clearpath-forward-products/clearpath-os-2200-software/clearpath-os-2200-express
got me to where I wanted to be.
One detail I wanted to clear before registering myself for the download,
what are the hardware requirements? The system I'd be using is 10 years
old, has an AMD Phenom processor running 64-bit Windows 10 with only 4GB
of DDR3 memory.
Disk space is probably not an issue but I'd need to make sure there as well.
I could buy a new system but there is one piece of software on that old
system which is uninstallable under Windows 10, it only works because
the beast is an upgraded Windows 7 Professional machine. I only use
part of that software's functionality and the fact that key functions
are incompatible with the OS is not a problem.

Richard L. Hamilton

May 10, 2021, 5:22:08 AM5/10/21
In article <s78bp2$tvt$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
I don't know about ClearPath OS 2200 Express, but the MCP equivalent
last I checked will not work on AMD, but requires Intel.

Stephen Fuld

May 10, 2021, 10:23:14 AM5/10/21
On 5/9/2021 2:58 AM, Andrew wrote:
> bhal...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Everyone can sign-up to download ClearPath OS 2200 Express Release
>> 18.0 here: http://outreach.unisys.com/OS2200ExpressDownload
>>

> That link did not work for me, but
> https://www.unisys.com/offerings/clearpath-forward/clearpath-forward-products/clearpath-os-2200-software/clearpath-os-2200-express
> got me to where I wanted to be.
> One detail I wanted to clear before registering myself for the download,
> what are the hardware requirements?  The system I'd be using is 10 years
> old, has an AMD Phenom processor running 64-bit Windows 10 with only 4GB
> of DDR3 memory.
> Disk space is probably not an issue but I'd need to make sure there as
> well.

I don't think any of that will be a problem, although it will probably
run slower than on a more capacious system. Of course the best test is
simply to try it, and since it is free, I would do that.

Please let us know of your progress.

--
- Stephen Fuld

Andrew

Jul 1, 2021, 3:36:39 PM7/1/21
I waited until I'd upgraded memory from 4G to 8G before applying. Then
I got the download link almost immediately, returned the license
application a day or so later and have now been meditating on the
infinite since late last week.

Andrew

Jul 2, 2021, 12:07:51 PM7/2/21
The key arrived a couple of hours ago and I have been testing. The next
hurdle is that I'm going to try and load some Program Files I saved back
in 2018, I saved them as exported FAS tapes (@DCOPY) and via CIFS.