Tunnels of Doom!

115 views
Skip to first unread message

anthony

unread,
Jun 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/24/96
to

One of my favorite games of all time is Tunnels of Doom.
Does anyone know if I can get this game for the PC?

My TI died a long time ago. I would love to get this game for my PC.

If anyone knows please email me.

Thanks


walt...@maroon.tc.umn.edu

unread,
Jun 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/24/96
to

>One of my favorite games of all time is Tunnels of Doom.
>Does anyone know if I can get this game for the PC?
There was no version made for the PC, obviously. It was made by TI
for The TI. There seems to be a pretty common misconception that
so many classic video games were translated for the PC, when the truth is,
there were almost none.

>
>My TI died a long time ago. I would love to get this game for my PC.
>
>If anyone knows please email me.
>
>Thanks

Unfortunately, I do not have the disk data for ToD to actually play the game.


--
walt...@maroon.tc.umn.edu
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500(under restoration)
http://www.umn.edu/nlhome/m235/walt0101/index.html

Kerry Lee High Jr

unread,
Jun 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/27/96
to
walt...@maroon.tc.umn.edu wrote:
: >One of my favorite games of all time is Tunnels of Doom.

: >Does anyone know if I can get this game for the PC?
: There was no version made for the PC, obviously. It was made by TI
: for The TI. There seems to be a pretty common misconception that
: so many classic video games were translated for the PC, when the truth is,
: there were almost none.
It runs on V9t9 and PC99 TI emulators.

Joseph William Metcalf

unread,
Jun 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/27/96
to

Does anyone have the TOD game data files for the emulators? It would be
great to play the ol' girl again.

As I remember, TI had (vague) plans to create more games than the two that
came with the cart - did new games ever materialize? Or did they go the same
way as whatever was planned for inside that little door on the speech synth?

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joseph W. Metcalf re...@csd.uwm.edu -or- http://www.uwm.edu/~regis/
re...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (414) 375-9273/1443
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No one feels another's grief, no one understands another's joy. People
imagine that they can reach one another. In reality they only pass each
other by." -- Franz Schubert


deha...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

unread,
Jun 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/27/96
to
Joseph William Metcalf (re...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu) wrote:
: On 27 Jun 1996 14:08:32 GMT, Kerry Lee High Jr <khi...@saucer.cc.umr.edu> wrote:

: As I remember, TI had (vague) plans to create more games than the two that


: came with the cart - did new games ever materialize? Or did they go the same
: way as whatever was planned for inside that little door on the speech synth?

As far as I know TI only made the two. However, Asgard developed the
ToD Editor and a few games .... Volcano Fortress, Dooms Games I and II.
The Adventure module also had an Editor and a few extra games developed
by Tex-Comp ...Knight Ironheart. I believe Scott Adams added a few
extras to the original TI list too .... Claymorgue Castle, The Hulk, Spider
man and Buckaroo Banzai. There were a few other adventure games, which
operated independant of the Adv Mod....rather good graphiics at the time ...
Old Dark Caves and its sequel Legends by Steve Granros (?). And of
course Infocom contributed a fair share of adventure games to the TI
community. All great games in their day.

Shirley Slicer

unread,
Jun 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/29/96
to

>
>As I remember, TI had (vague) plans to create more games than the two that
>came with the cart - did new games ever materialize?


I think those were the only ones that TI itself produced. I do
know that other parties produced other titles, though. Some
titles that come to mind: Space Mine, Star Trek, Computer
Nightmare, Gnomes. I think some of these were Shareware.

--

Shirley Slicer

De...@goi.com

unread,
Jun 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/29/96
to
In article <4qub98$l...@uwm.edu>, re...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu says...

>
>On 27 Jun 1996 14:08:32 GMT, Kerry Lee High Jr <khi...@saucer.cc.umr.edu> wrote:
>
>>walt...@maroon.tc.umn.edu wrote:
>>: >One of my favorite games of all time is Tunnels of Doom.
>>: >Does anyone know if I can get this game for the PC?
>>: There was no version made for the PC, obviously. It was made by TI
>>: for The TI. There seems to be a pretty common misconception that
>>: so many classic video games were translated for the PC, when the truth is,
>>: there were almost none.
>
>>It runs on V9t9 and PC99 TI emulators.
>
>Does anyone have the TOD game data files for the emulators? It would be
>great to play the ol' girl again.
>
>As I remember, TI had (vague) plans to create more games than the two that
>came with the cart - did new games ever materialize? Or did they go the same
>way as whatever was planned for inside that little door on the speech synth?
>
>--
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Joseph W. Metcalf re...@csd.uwm.edu -or- http://www.uwm.edu/~regis/
> re...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (414) 375-9273/1443
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "No one feels another's grief, no one understands another's joy. People
> imagine that they can reach one another. In reality they only pass each
> other by." -- Franz Schubert
>
there were other games made for tunnels of doom besides quest for the king and
pennies and prizes. competition computer has them for sale. prices listed below.
Doom Games I by Asgard (Tunnels of Doom Req)... $8
Doom Games II by Asgard (Tunnels of Doom Req).. $8
Tunnels of Doom Editor V3...................... $10
Competition Computer can be reached at 1-800-471-1600

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages