Hello

sy...@wabac.ccsnet.com

Oct 25, 2020, 4:18:14 PM10/25/20
Hello all

Joe

The WABAC Machine BBS
An Online History Museum
telnet://wabac.ccsnet.com

Beery

Oct 25, 2020, 8:15:07 PM10/25/20

Hello Joe.

Where are you connecting from?

Beery

--Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

Joe

Oct 26, 2020, 1:11:37 PM10/26/20
Hi Beery,

Just got my BBS up on Usenet again after like 25 years.

I was just seeing if the BBS post went upstream.

I know this is not the place for a test post but one of my users is into Ti
computers and was not sure his posts were getting out.

Joe Cronin

== Quote from Beery (Be...@f109.n4.z21.fsxnet)'s article

sy...@wabac.ccsnet.com

Oct 26, 2020, 1:56:03 PM10/26/20
JO>Hi Beery,

JO>Just got my BBS up on Usenet again after like 25 years.

JO>I was just seeing if the BBS post went upstream.

JO>I know this is not the place for a test post but one of my users is into Ti
JO>computers and was not sure his posts were getting out.

JO>Joe Cronin

JO>== Quote from Beery (Be...@f109.n4.z21.fsxnet)'s article
JO>> Hello Joe.
JO>> Where are you connecting from?
JO>> Beery
JO>> --Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

Hi Beery,

Are you running a BBS?

Sysop

Beery

Oct 27, 2020, 8:15:09 PM10/27/20
Yes, I am running a BBS, however, it is only accessible to me thanks to AT&T
Wireless Cellular. I upgraded from AT&T DSL to AT&T Wireless Cellular for
higher speed, and AT&T dropped port forwarding for their wireless router they
use.

Thus, I am not accessible from the internet via Telnet, rather only my
intranet.

All my messages I grab from 3 different networks (Fidonet, Retronet, and
something else) by polling those networks, and then route the traffic back out.

Beery

Joe Cronin

Oct 28, 2020, 8:18:49 AM10/28/20
Can you use a PfSense router or a router from another vendor?

Joe

Beery

Oct 28, 2020, 9:15:13 PM10/28/20
On 28 Oct 2020, Joe Cronin said the following...

JC> Can you use a PfSense router or a router from another vendor?

Highly unlikely. I have found that if I rolled the version of the router
software back to a version where the port forwarding wasn't disabled, I never
get internet.

AT&T Wireless Cellular needs to have their router with a recent firmware
update, active. Otherwise, no worky worky.

sy...@wabac.ccsnet.com

Oct 29, 2020, 5:11:13 PM10/29/20
BE>On 28 Oct 2020, Joe Cronin said the following...
BE>
BE> JC> Can you use a PfSense router or a router from another vendor?
BE> JC>

BE>Highly unlikely. I have found that if I rolled the version of the router
BE>software back to a version where the port forwarding wasn't disabled, I neve
BE>get internet.

BE>AT&T Wireless Cellular needs to have their router with a recent firmware
BE>update, active. Otherwise, no worky worky.

BE>Beery

BE>--Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

Hi Beery,

That sucks...

Joe

Bill.T...@tkp.thekeep.net

Oct 29, 2020, 6:50:00 PM10/29/20
BE>Highly unlikely. I have found that if I rolled the version of the router
BE>software back to a version where the port forwarding wasn't disabled, I neve
BE>get internet.
BE>AT&T Wireless Cellular needs to have their router with a recent firmware
BE>update, active. Otherwise, no worky worky.
BE>Beery
BE>--Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

Beery,
Can you set up a DMZ on the router? If so you could put a second router
behind that one and use port forwarding there..

Greg

Beery

Oct 31, 2020, 8:15:15 PM10/31/20
Everything is blocked at the AT&T router. AT&T's router connection to the
Wireless antenae transmitter to the cell tower uses a special cable so
everything has to run through it first.

Beery

Bill.T...@tkp.thekeep.net

Nov 1, 2020, 11:21:48 AM11/1/20
BE>Everything is blocked at the AT&T router. AT&T's router connection to the
BE>Wireless antenae transmitter to the cell tower uses a special cable so
BE>everything has to run through it first.

BE>Beery

BE>--Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

Maybe look into another provider?

I recently found out about https://unlimitedville.com/ from a youtuber
in rural TX that uses that for their off grid homestead..

Greg

Beery

Nov 1, 2020, 4:15:06 PM11/1/20
There aren't many options, and unfortunately, I locked in a 1 year deal so I am
stuck until sometime next summer.

Beery