Terminal Program for Model 1?

Tom Lake

Jan 26, 2020, 11:55:34 PM1/26/20
I've tried Modem80 and OmniTerm for the TRS-80 Model 1. Neither seems to respond to X-ON, X-OFF so I"m limited to 1200 baud connections if I don't want to lose characters. Does anyone know of a better Model 1 terminal program that does allow X-ON, X-OFF? If so, what it is and, if possible, where can I get it?

Captain Nemo

Jan 27, 2020, 4:44:42 AM1/27/20
I've been using FastTerm on my 4P at 9600 BPS (even at 19.2KBPS, there
were no dropped characters). But I was using hardware flow control, not
software flow control.

Based on my experiments with my Model 102, software flow control really
doesn't work well enough. So if you can't do hardware flow control, I
think you are stuck at 1200 BPS.