Restoring a Tandy TL/2

Atreyu

Oct 25, 2022, 10:20:04 AM10/25/22
Hi everyone,

Trying to restore a bare-bones TL/2 that does not Post... it powers on
with
the floppy light on but nothing else.

There appears to be damage to the oscillator/crystal on the board.

I have someone who will look at this in a few weeks...

Atreyu

Carl “Google Suc” Busjahn

Nov 21, 2022, 11:32:16 AM11/21/22
TL/2 is a pretty special system, I have one that worked fine after I got working xt kb and cga interfaces connected to it. Have you tried connecting a POST card to it?
The Tandy 1000s have non-standard floppy connectors so if you don't have an original drive you'll need to mod a cable or cut some pins on the floppy drive to avoid shorting the power pins to ground.

Atreyu

Nov 27, 2022, 10:57:45 PM11/27/22
On 21 Nov 22 08:32:15, =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fybcdigjxhb29Nbgugu3Vj4 said the
following t

=> TL/2 is a pretty special system, I have one that worked fine after I
=> got
=> working xt kb and cga interfaces connected to it. Have you tried
=> connecting
=> POST card to it?

I haven't tried a POST card, would need to find one that will work in
it.

Atreyu