Tandy 1000HX Current acquired game list

The Adlers

Oct 3, 2001, 7:51:47 PM10/3/01
Hey folks,

Thanks to TVDOG's website et folks affiliated, I've brought a garbaged Tandy
1000HX back to life, and HOW!

1. Two months ago I purchased the original disk set (DOS 2.11 and DM2) from
Radio Shack in Canada for about $26 .
2. Searched the net for other software and related material
3. Found a Deluxe Joystick at the local Value Village for $2 the other
night.
4. Yet another T1000HX and SX for sale at that store. Both at $8 a piece.

SO...

Here's what I've found and collected so far. Any other good software
acquisition suggestions?
Please note, all work with DOS 2.11 and 256K of RAM. Some even use the Tandy
video and sound chips.

1. Castle Wolfenstein
2. Blockout
3. King's Quest I
4. King's Quest II
5. King's Quest III
6. Leisure Suit Larry I
7. Darwin's Fighting Ring and Betting
8. Archon
9. Snake
10. Frogger
11. Donkey Kong
12. Dig Dug
13. UNO
14. Ninja
15. Boulder Dash 2
16. Cosmic Crusader
17. Chess 8088
18. Centipede
19. Crossfire
20. Devastator
21. Galactic Battle
22. Evolution
23. Digger
24. Galaxian
25. Lode Runner
26. Space Quest I
27. Mario Bros.
28. Pac Man
29. MS. Pac Man
30. Q-Bert
31. Hard Hat Mack
32. Stargate
33. Robotron
34. Zaxxon
35. Temple of Apshai Trilogy
36. Spy Vs. Spy 3
37. Test Drive
38. Round 42

Any other good titles out there along with where I can get a hold of them?

Thanks.

Rob

Dave

Oct 4, 2001, 6:34:41 PM10/4/01
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 19:51:47 -0400, "The Adlers" <key...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Any other good titles out there along with where I can get a hold of them?

IIRC Battlechess used the 16 colour graphics mode and the tandy sound chip
too. No idea where to get from though :-(

Dave

shawn

Oct 10, 2001, 10:14:51 PM10/10/01
In article <fsNu7.12915$Ve4.2...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "The Adlers" <key...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Any other good titles out there along with where I can get a hold of them?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Rob

From my 1000HX days....
Pirates! from microprose made use of the 1000, but it had some hardcore copy
protection (you had to use the boot from disk option on the HX menu to run it)

Thexder was a side scrolling shooter from sierra

Starflight is an very nice elaborate space exploration game, i'm not sure if
it used t1000 graphics (there are at least 2 different versions with different
graphic choices)

Most of microprose filght sim stuff used the graphics and sound on the HX

all I can think of right now.

PS have you tried out that composite port in back? if so, how did it look? I
actually never got around to fooling around with that on mine...

william strutts

Oct 11, 2001, 12:10:46 PM10/11/01
"shawn" <scla...@sc.rr.com> wrote in message

> From my 1000HX days....
> Pirates! from microprose made use of the 1000, but it had some hardcore
copy
> protection (you had to use the boot from disk option on the HX menu to run
it)

> Thexder was a side scrolling shooter from sierra
>
> Starflight is an very nice elaborate space exploration game, i'm not sure
if
> it used t1000 graphics (there are at least 2 different versions with
different
> graphic choices)
>
> Most of microprose filght sim stuff used the graphics and sound on the HX
>
> all I can think of right now.
>
> PS have you tried out that composite port in back? if so, how did it look?
> actually never got around to fooling around with that on mine...

Any game that specifically mentions the Tandy 1000 usually
used Tandy Color Graphics modes which were a vast improvement
over the stock CGA graphics of the IBM clones. I believe
Sierra On-Line used the Tandy graphics modes in such games
as Leisure Suit Larry, Kings Quest, Space Quest etc

I wouldn't think Composite video looked very good. A CM-5
is not a really good RGB monitor in comparison to the CM-11
with its better resolution.
William R. Strutts - wrstr...@nospam.home.com - Whatever!

C'est moi! http://www.facelink.com/wrstrutts

Just hacking away...

Remove nospam to reply.

The Adlers

Oct 16, 2001, 8:53:23 PM10/16/01
I haven't tried that video output yet.

Thanks for the extra list! The version of Thexder I've found is EGA/VGA
only.

Yeah, Sierra-On-Line had really good use of the colour. I found that some of
the old AtariSoft games also used them somewhat.

Sierra's games are available on-line via one of their own websites I
believe. For free too.

What I have had fun with lately is visiting our local Value Village used
stuff store.
I recently purchased three Tandy Deluxe joysticks and I actually found the
printer cable too. All for $8 Cdn.

They got in a bunch of old Tandys. Two 1000SXs, one 1000HX and an RL\1 I
believe. They had the DMP103 printer I believe. All for $8 a piece.

And, as expected, the only thing missing were the monitors... Funny that.
Fortunately, when I got my 1000HX out of the garbage, it came with monitor
and manuals. I think I may have been the last person this year to get the
original disk set for the machine from Radio Shack.

Rob
Ontario, Canada

wells.c...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2019, 4:47:28 PM2/3/19
Hey rob there's this game that i can't think of the name of it but i use to play it alot when i was in germany I'll ecplain it to you you had a square and a black ball you had to guide the ball an break the block in your path to reach the exit an it has i don't know how many levels but i made it to level 68 if you know the name please hit me up at devalin832@gmail .com thanks again rob

blacke...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2019, 9:46:45 PM7/22/19

> Any other good titles out there along with where I can get a hold of them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rob

As earlier mentioned, anything that advertised itself for Tandy 1000 or PC/Jr graphics is good to look into. As for where to get them, you just gotta keep your eyes open if you want an actual boxed copy (even if the disks are still good). Sometimes they come up on eBay, or at retro-conventions. Otherwise, hit up the "abandonware" sites.

I'd recommend "Zeliard," a side-scrolling fantasy/adventure game that was originally made for the Japanese PC-88, but was ported over to the PC in America by Sierra. Like most of the Sierra games from that period it supports Tandy1000 video and sound quite beautifully, and runs surprisingly well considering the hardware.