Google dropping NNTP post access to comp.sys.tandem

gcav

Feb 13, 2024, 11:30:17 AMFeb 13
Anyone can recommend and either free or cheap NNTP server?

Bill Honaker

Feb 13, 2024, 3:31:01 PMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 08:30:15 -0800 (PST), gcav <cava...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone can recommend and either free or cheap NNTP server?

I use Forte Agent for my NNTP reader, and that company has a decent server for US$3 per month. It's called Agent Usenet Service:
https://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

Randall

Feb 14, 2024, 2:17:36 PMFeb 14
I've got the Thunderbird (Mozilla) News Reader, but have not found a decent free server.

Bill Honaker

Feb 14, 2024, 6:53:00 PMFeb 14
On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:17:34 -0800 (PST), Randall <rsbe...@nexbridge.com> wrote:
Many years ago I did the same search; and all recomendations at the time indicated that 'free' and 'safe' are mutually exclusive.
So for my use, thie Forte one was low enough cost.