Blocking Spam?

Randall

Dec 5, 2023, 5:06:07 PM12/5/23
Does anyone know how to wholesale block the spammers who are infecting this group?
TIA
Randall

Bill Honaker

Dec 5, 2023, 6:11:27 PM12/5/23
I believe this is done only by the NNTP client. For example, I user Forte Agent as my client.

I can add a 'kill filter' that can include the user, or other fields.

I find 2 types of filters in 'Google Groups', but I think there's a SPAM filter. Look there.
Bill

Randall

Dec 6, 2023, 1:52:31 PM12/6/23
I'm going in through FireFox... no filter I can find.

Bill Honaker

Dec 6, 2023, 6:52:51 PM12/6/23
On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 10:52:28 -0800 (PST), Randall <rsbe...@nexbridge.com> wrote:
It's not in your browser, it should be on the Google Groups website...

j-ma...@pacbell.net

Dec 7, 2023, 5:32:33 PM12/7/23

Don't forget that if you are using Google Groups to view this news group, it is very easy to report conversations as spam. You just need to select the conversation thread and then press the Stop Sign icon with the exclamation point in it. I don't know if Google actually does anything with these reports, but it makes me feel better. Maybe if enough people do it, it raises the awareness at Google.

Jon Marcus

Randall

Dec 8, 2023, 4:05:55 PM12/8/23
On Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 5:32:33 p.m. UTC-5, j-ma...@pacbell.net wrote:
> Don't forget that if you are using Google Groups to view this news group, it is very easy to report conversations as spam. You just need to select the conversation thread and then press the Stop Sign icon with the exclamation point in it. I don't know if Google actually does anything with these reports, but it makes me feel better. Maybe if enough people do it, it raises the awareness at Google.
>
> Jon Marcus

Thanks Jon. I'm pretty sure Google ignores the information. I have reached out to support and not had any feedback. It is a shame that there are no designated moderators because the group is so old.