Pathway Term and TCP relation -- ERROR DURING SERVER OPEN (12)

Ray

Sep 25, 2005, 9:34:28 PM9/25/05
Hi all ,
I have a question about TCP and TERM.
Could you help me to explain the message "OPEN (12)"?
Thank you !!

I saw EMS log at collector : (Pathway is $PCOS)
TANDEM.EMS.F40 000512 $PCOS: ERROR

*3100* TCP TCP-CATA, ERROR DURING SERVER
OPEN (12) - SERVER NMC
This is NMC setting in Pathway
SERVER NMC
PROCESSTYPE GUARDIAN
ASSIGN FNF,\UITC.$PROD1.UB12CTLP.FNF
AUTORESTART 0
CPUS (2:3)
CREATEDELAY 1 SECS
DEBUG OFF
DELETEDELAY 30 MINS
HIGHPIN ON
HOMETERM \UITC.$ZHOME
LINKDEPTH 1
MAXLINKS 10
MAXSERVERS 2
NUMSTATIC 1
OWNER \UITC.100,1
PARAM BANK-ID "0000"
PARAM PARTITION "00"
PARAM LOGR "$PCOL"
PRI 165
PROCESS $PNM1
PROCESS $PNM2
PROGRAM \UITC.$PROD1.UB12BIN.NMC
SECURITY "N"
TMF OFF
I status NMC

PROCESS STATE ERROR INFO #LINKS WEIGHT
$PNM1 RUNNING 5 21

Henry Norman

Sep 25, 2005, 10:22:57 PM9/25/05
Ray,

Your server's opener table is full. If the server is a cobol program,
check RECEIVE-CONTROL, TABLE OCCURS n, where n is the max number of
openers the server will accept before rejecting further opens with
error 12 (file in use). If not cobol, check where the opener table is
allocated, and adjust the number of entries as needed.

Cheers,

Henry Norman
MicroTech Consulting
www.microtechnonstop.com

Axel.B...@gmx.net

Sep 27, 2005, 5:19:03 AM9/27/05
As Henry told you before the server's opener table is full. From your
status NMC you can see, 5 Links are granted.
from your Config you can see MAXLINKS 10.

The number of MAXLINKS has to be equal or less than the number of
entries in the server's opener table.

Now you get an error 12 for the next link, which looks like an opener
table size of 5 and the 6 Link is rejected with error 12.

So reduce MAXLINKS to 5 (the assumed size of the opener table) and the
error will disappear. If you need more links you have to increase the
MAXSERVERS parameter for more possible processes.

Regards

Axel Berghaus
EDV-Beratung Axel Berghaus

Ray

Sep 27, 2005, 11:47:52 AM9/27/05
Thanks for your reply !You give me a big hand !