Re: Nick Berg Alive

1 view

Peter de Vroomen

Aug 2, 2004, 11:41:29 AM8/2/04
[snip]

You fucking moron, at least have some consideration for Nick's family. It
should have been you who got beheaded. I hope somebody kicks your ass until
it's broken and you'll never be able to walk normal again.

For the worthwhile people out there: don't download the stuff offered in the
link, it's either a virus or a trojan.

PeterV

Keith Thompson

Aug 2, 2004, 3:29:04 PM8/2/04
"Peter de Vroomen" <peterv[at][spamblock]jaytown[dot]com> writes:
> [snip]
> You f***ing moron, at least have some consideration for Nick's family. It

(Quotation edited for content.)

Peter, you need to understand spam. Your insults directed to the
original poster are well-deserved, but I guarantee you he'll never see
your reply. The article was posted to hundreds or thousands of Usenet
newsgroups; the spammer who did it isn't following all of them to see
if anybody replies. You've unloaded your frustration on everybody
*except* the one who deserves it.

As for the warning, I suppose there's some debate about whether that's
worthwhile. I hope that almost everyone is knowledgeable enough by
now not to download and execute unverified attachments.

The appropriate response to this kind of thing is either to ignore it
or to post a one-line followup mentioning that it's a likely virus.

I've redirected followups to /dev/null.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>