Trying to connect a Sun Storedge D1000 to a Sunblade 2000

Daniel Wetzler

Oct 21, 2013, 1:02:50 PM10/21/13

I'm trying to connect several SCSI drives which are buildt into a Sun Storedge D1000 to a Sunblade 2000.

I wasn't sure which is the suitable contrroller for the D1000 so I tried it with a Symbios 22801.
With both Controllers the Sunblade didn't recognise the harddisks.
Apparrently it recognised the contrrollers since I could see them during the probe-scsi-all.

I tried it on both controllers with and without active terminator.

Does someone of you have an idea what I could try elsde tro connect the D1000 to
the Sunblade 2000 ?

Best regards,

Daniel

Torsten Kirschner

Dec 12, 2013, 4:28:57 PM12/12/13
Den 21/10/13 19:02, skrev Daniel Wetzler:
I think the D1000 requires a HVD HBA, e.g. the Symbios 22802, not the
22801 which is LVD/SE.