How to create Solaris 11 install server with only solaris 10 systems running

Daniel Wetzler

Apr 6, 2017, 1:40:56 AM4/6/17
Dear Sun-Experts,

I would like to switch the Solris 10 installation of a Sparc based hardware (T5240) to Solaris 11. My problem : I don't have a functional DVD drive so I would like to boot via network.
My second problem is that all the other machines only have Solaris 10 installed.
As far as I investigated it is only possible to set up an Solaris 11 install server if you have already Solaris 11 installed.
A classical hen - egg problem...
Is there a possibility to set up a Solaris 11 install server on a Solaris 10 system ?
Are there any manuals available ?

I would be glad about any hints.

Best regards,

Daniel

Andreas Fenner

Apr 11, 2017, 12:15:57 PM4/11/17
Connect to the ILO Interface from your T5240 from a PC. Start there the
Console-Applikation, mount a Solaris-11-ISO-Image located on your PC.

Then you can boot Solaris-11.

Hope that helps.

Andreas