Platform independency of VOS application.

Gourab Maitra

May 2, 2013, 5:57:27 AM5/2/13

I am trying to develop an application in VOS Cobol. I have the .pm file. Is it possible to create a .exe file from this .pm file and run this application in different platform like Windows and Linux platform. If Yes, then what is the process of coversion a .pm file to a .exe file. If No, then is it possible to create platform independent application in VOS Cobol ?

Thanks & Regards,
Gourab Maitra.

chaniarts

May 2, 2013, 12:28:08 PM5/2/13
no, there is no way to convert a .pm to a .exe. furthermore, vos cobol
requires a running vos function library, so there is no way to create a
platform independent executable version. it is, of course, possible to
write a cobol source program that can be compiled on a target machine
with it's cobol compiler, but the vos compiler/binder doesn't know how
to create non-vos executables

regards,
charlie
stratus cac

Gourab Maitra

May 8, 2013, 7:45:14 AM5/8/13
Thanks Charlie for your valuable information.