Spectrum to ham radio interface designs?

OldbieOne

Apr 10, 2021, 4:06:59 PMApr 10
Does anyone have a schematic for a basic ham radio interface for a Spectrum
16 or 48k?

Thanks
--
OldbieOne
The Guy Who Tells It Like It Is (TM)

Ian Spencer

Apr 11, 2021, 12:26:13 PMApr 11
Hi,
back in the day we did things like transmit and receive SSTV, RTTY and
CW using just the cassette input and output ports of the Spectrum withut
any additional hardware interface.

Ian

OldbieOne

Apr 12, 2021, 1:37:16 PMApr 12

"Ian Spencer" <iansp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> back in the day we did things like transmit and receive SSTV, RTTY and
> CW using just the cassette input and output ports of the Spectrum withut
> any additional hardware interface.

I remember that, but it didn't work very well for high impedence tube gear,
and there were some isolation boxes out there, like the one from Technical
Software somewhere in Wales, but that coimpany is long since gone
apparently. Even if it's not, googling "technical software" leads to a dead
end due to all the noise.