QL EMULATOR FOR THE PC

22 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Nick Wittering

ungelesen,
26.08.1995, 03:00:0026.08.95
an
Can anyone tell me if there is a QL emulator for the PC?


gra...@delphi.com

ungelesen,
26.08.1995, 03:00:0026.08.95
an
Nick Wittering <nw...@dircon.co.uk> writes:

>Can anyone tell me if there is a QL emulator for the PC?

Yes ther is a hardware emulator. Actually it's more of a complete second
computer on a PC half card. It has its own RAM (upto 8meg) and CPU. Called the
QXL it's from Miracle systems. It uses all the PC I/O devices.
GrahamU

Peter Sulzer

ungelesen,
06.09.1995, 03:00:0006.09.95
an
In <41ncnc$g...@newsgate.dircon.co.uk>, nw...@dircon.co.uk (Nick Wittering) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there is a QL emulator for the PC?
>

Well there are emulators for the Atari (commercial and freeware), for the Mac
(a true emulator, which emulates even the 68000-CPU and so should work
even on Power-Macs) and for the Amiga (Freeware). I don't know of a PC-
Emulator, but there is something much better!!! The QXL-card from Miracle
Systems. It has a 68LC040 (no MMU, no FPU) with 20 MHz, 8 MB RAM _and_
2 QL-compatible Network-connectors :-)

It is connected to a normal PC and uses the peripherals of the PC. Resolution
currently up to 800x600 (1024x768 is planned). The card can be fitted with
a full 68040, i. e. MMU and FPU, which are supported by the hardware (C68
will support them too in future) and may be clocked up to 33 MHz (works
always) or even up to 40 MHz (note 68040-processors double the clock
inside!).

Price: about 1000.- German Marks (about 300.- Pounds or $650.-) with
8 MB of RAM and 68LC040/20 MHz.

Regards Peter

Marco Vacquier

ungelesen,
06.09.1995, 03:00:0006.09.95
an

In article <42itgu$5...@news00.btx.dtag.de>, peter_...@btx.dtag.de (Peter Sulzer) writes:

>It is connected to a normal PC and uses the peripherals of the PC. Resolution
>currently up to 800x600 (1024x768 is planned). The card can be fitted with
>a full 68040, i. e. MMU and FPU, which are supported by the hardware (C68
>will support them too in future) and may be clocked up to 33 MHz (works
>always) or even up to 40 MHz (note 68040-processors double the clock
>inside!).
>
>Price: about 1000.- German Marks (about 300.- Pounds or $650.-) with
>8 MB of RAM and 68LC040/20 MHz.
>
>Regards Peter
>

On 2 September, Stuart Honeyball of Miracle Systems Ltd. told that the QXL card
is not in stock any more. Not at Miracle and not at Jochen Merz. He is not
intending to produce new ones. Within a few weeks he wants to start making the
QXL Gold, a bridge card between the (Super) Gold Card and an ISA bus, for GBP
100. Miracle has also stopped making the Super Gold Card, and I don't know if
QubbeSoft still makes the Gold Card in license of Miracle.

Stuart has taken this option, because he says that on 1 January, a new law will
became effective on Electro Magnetic Compatibility in the EC. He says he has
to certify his devices and thinks that makes his devices too expensive. That's
why he wants to stop producing devices for EC countries before the end of this
year. Can anybody confirm me about this law, and tell me the contents of this
law.
--
______________________________________________________________________________
| Marco Vacquier | |
|vacquier%31.40...@se.alcbel.be| This article is based on my own opinion and |
| Alcatel Telecom Systems BV |is independent of the opinion of my employer |
| The Netherlands | QL stands for Quantum Leap |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Zidlicky

ungelesen,
06.09.1995, 03:00:0006.09.95
an
vacq...@138.145.209 (Marco Vacquier) writes:


>In article <42itgu$5...@news00.btx.dtag.de>, peter_...@btx.dtag.de (Peter Sulzer) writes:

>>It is connected to a normal PC and uses the peripherals of the PC. Resolution
>>currently up to 800x600 (1024x768 is planned). The card can be fitted with
>>a full 68040, i. e. MMU and FPU, which are supported by the hardware (C68
>>will support them too in future) and may be clocked up to 33 MHz (works
>>always) or even up to 40 MHz (note 68040-processors double the clock
>>inside!).
>>
>>Price: about 1000.- German Marks (about 300.- Pounds or $650.-) with
>>8 MB of RAM and 68LC040/20 MHz.
>>
>>Regards Peter
>>

>On 2 September, Stuart Honeyball of Miracle Systems Ltd. told that the QXL card
>is not in stock any more. Not at Miracle and not at Jochen Merz. He is not
>intending to produce new ones. Within a few weeks he wants to start making the
>QXL Gold, a bridge card between the (Super) Gold Card and an ISA bus, for GBP
>100. Miracle has also stopped making the Super Gold Card, and I don't know if
>QubbeSoft still makes the Gold Card in license of Miracle.

>Stuart has taken this option, because he says that on 1 January, a new law will
>became effective on Electro Magnetic Compatibility in the EC. He says he has
>to certify his devices and thinks that makes his devices too expensive. That's
>why he wants to stop producing devices for EC countries before the end of this
>year. Can anybody confirm me about this law, and tell me the contents of this
>law.

comes like a bomb to me. Anyway, COWO electronics is SWISS, which is non EC
but still well inside civilized world, did he consider distribution this way?

Sorry, I can't comment on the new law, but for me it sounds unlikely that it
strikes on single components like expansion cards.


Bye
Richard

Robert H. Klein

ungelesen,
08.09.1995, 03:00:0008.09.95
an
In <42k581$1...@rznews.rrze.uni-erlangen.de>,
Richard Zidlicky (rdzi...@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de) wrote:
[EMC info deleted]
: comes like a bomb to me. Anyway, COWO electronics is SWISS, which is non EC

: but still well inside civilized world, did he consider distribution this way?

AFAIK the directive says something about *selling* in the EU, and it doesn't
help IMO that COWO in not inside EU -- they'll be not allowed to sell it.
Since the directive makes a lot of devices very much more expensive
governments will forbid selling of non tested devices (no matter where
produced) to protect the inside EU firms (besides that they'll have
killed most of the little ones to the end of the year :-()

Robert
--
Robert H. Klein, Bluecherstr. 24, Kaub, D65349, Germany
QL forever!

Allen antworten
Dem Autor antworten
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten