Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years - September 1989

1 visualização
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Andrew Pattison

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 05:31:3010/08/2002
para
That's fine, but can you PLEASE stop posting the same message twice???

Andrew.

<ne...@ysrnry.co.uk> wrote in message
> [...]
> in game design arose that we now all take for granted in these days
> of multi-megabyte memory, multicolour graphics home computer systems.
>
> The YS Rock'n'Roll Years aims to relive those days, so sit back,
> relax, and indulge yourself into some serious nostalgia.
>
> September 1989 - Issue 45
> -------------------------
>
> General
> -------
>
> Average cover tape - Dream Warrior (US Gold, 8, September 1988),
> a demo of Passing Shot (ImageWorks) and the long-awaited appearance
> of the one and only Advanced Lawnmower Simulator!
> Crackdown is reviewed in Slots of Fun.
> Ocean announces two similar games for Christmas '89: Cabal and
> the sequel to Operation Wolf, Operation Thunderbolt. Meanwhile,
> Robocop continues to break all records accross all formats.
>
> Top Ten Games
> -------------
>
> 1 Robocop/Ocean
> 2 Forgotten Worlds/US Gold
> 3 Microprose Soccer/Microprose
> 4 Run the Gauntlet/Imagine
> 5 Dragon Ninja/Ocean
> 6 Emlyn Hughes International Soccer/Audiogenic
> 7 Football Manager II/Addictive
> 8 The Running Man/Grandslam
> 9 Crazy Cars II/Titus
> 10 Silkworm/Virgin
>
> Previews
> --------
>
> Super Wonderboy/Activision
>
> Reviews
> -------
>
> The New Zealand Story/Ocean 93
> Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade/US Gold 92
> The Crash Collection Vol 1/US Gold 85
> Special Action/Ocean 82
> Jack the Nipper/Kixx 82
> Austerlitz 1805/CCS 82
> Saboteur II/Encore 80
> Bob's Full House/TV Games 80
> Licence to Kill/Domark 79
> Kosmos/Atlantis 79
> Arcade Flight Simulator/Codemasters 76
> Titan/Titus 75
> Soviet Fighter Mig 29/Codemasters 59
> High Steel/Screen 7 56
> Buffalo Bill's Rodeo Games/Tynesoft 54
> Ninja Commando/Zeppelin 53
> Roller Coaster/Encore 46
> Gemini Wing/Virgin 43
> Masters of the Universe - The Movie/Kixx 40
>
> Misc Reviews
> ------------
>
> Retarded Creatures and Caverns/Zenobi 90
>

> You can view this whole series by visiting the YS Rock'n'Roll Years
> website at http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ and also see all sorts of
> extra goodies, like Java games, Flash movies, hundreds of original
> articles, game screenshots, arcade screenshots, game download links,
> Joystick Jugglers information, and loads of other stuff. The site is
> being updated all the time, so keep coming back to it.
>
> Hell, if the original YS writers like it, then chances are you might
> do too! :)
>
> The YS Rock'n'Roll Years is compiled by Nick Humphries. If you
> have any comments, suggestions, corrections or additions to this

Geoff Wearmouth

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 05:41:2110/08/2002
para
In article <3d54dd72$0$8513$cc9e...@news.dial.pipex.com>, Andrew
Pattison <and...@dsl.pipex.com> writes

>That's fine, but can you PLEASE stop posting the same message twice???
>
>Andrew.
>
><ne...@ysrnry.co.uk> wrote in message
>> The YS Rock'n'Roll Years
>> ------------------------
>> September 1989 - Issue 45
>> -------------------------
[ BIG SNIP ]

Actually it was you who posted it a second time.
Nick's 'what happened 14/15 years ago this month' posts
are a nostalgic trip back to the magazine days
and posted infrequently enough not to annoy.

I always read 'em.

--
Geoff Wearmouth
The ZX ROM Files http://www.wearmouth.demon.co.uk

ammo...@cc.full.stop.helsinki.fi

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 06:05:1610/08/2002
para
Andrew Pattison <and...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> That's fine, but can you PLEASE stop posting the same message twice???

He always posts two months' summaries at a time. Read the subject lines
of the messages. And don't top-post. And trim your quotes.

-a

Lee Prince

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 06:17:0310/08/2002
para
10 PRINT "ammo...@cc.full.stop.helsinki.fi woz 'ere 10 Aug 2002"
20 GO TO 10

And don't forget to eat all your greens!

--
I'll get my coat.

Nick Humphries

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 06:44:1410/08/2002
para
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:41:21 +0100, Geoff Wearmouth
<ge...@wearmouth.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <3d54dd72$0$8513$cc9e...@news.dial.pipex.com>, Andrew
>Pattison <and...@dsl.pipex.com> writes
>>That's fine, but can you PLEASE stop posting the same message twice???
>

>Actually it was you who posted it a second time.
>Nick's 'what happened 14/15 years ago this month' posts
>are a nostalgic trip back to the magazine days
>and posted infrequently enough not to annoy.
>
>I always read 'em.

Ta mate. I was wondering if people were still reading them!

| Nick Humphries ni...@egyptus.co.uk |
| The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ |
| The Tipshop: http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/ |
Just remember, it's only 137 days until Christmas...

Andrew Pattison

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 07:01:4610/08/2002
para
Ah, good point. My apologies to one and all.

Andrew.

Llama-Wax Len

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 15:05:2410/08/2002
para

"Nick Humphries" <ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> wrote in message

> Ta mate. I was wondering if people were still reading them!

I do as well, but stopped responding a while ago as there's only so many
times I could post something like "what a great month!", "what a pish
month!", "I've never heard of these games", or "at least three of those
games are rock hard".

Len
--
Remove SPAMOFF to reply
"Oh, the nobility of the almost human porpoise!"

Ivan Ruiz Etxabe

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 15:37:5310/08/2002
para

>Ta mate. I was wondering if people were still reading them!

Yes we do, I like to compare the rate given by YS with
the rate given by spanish mags, and from time to time I like
to ask things!

I think it's a good idea to import to our Spanish group

Ivan

Nick Humphries

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 15:41:1810/08/2002
para
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:37:53 GMT, jai...@navegalia.com (Ivan Ruiz Etxabe)
wrote:

>I think it's a good idea to import to our Spanish group

If you can translate the text (or can find someone to do it), I can set up the
autoposter to post a Spanish version to the Spanish newsgroup as well if you
life.

| Nick Humphries ni...@egyptus.co.uk |
| The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ |
| The Tipshop: http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/ |

Remember, it's only 137 days until Christmas...

Nick Humphries

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 15:45:1510/08/2002
para
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:05:24 +0100, "Llama-Wax Len"
<al...@SPAMOFFauldgreytoon.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"Nick Humphries" <ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> Ta mate. I was wondering if people were still reading them!
>
>I do as well, but stopped responding a while ago as there's only so many
>times I could post something like "what a great month!", "what a pish
>month!", "I've never heard of these games", or "at least three of those
>games are rock hard".

Excellent - with the site now quickly approaching its fifth birthday (Friday
16th August) I was worried everyone might be getting sick of the posts.

| Nick Humphries ni...@egyptus.co.uk |
| The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ |
| The Tipshop: http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/ |

Remember, it's only 137 days until Christmas...

david

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 18:32:4610/08/2002
para

"Andrew Pattison" <and...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> That's fine, but can you PLEASE stop posting the same message twice???
>
> Andrew.

Two different years if you look properly...

david

não lida,
10 de ago. de 2002, 18:33:2910/08/2002

> Ah, good point. My apologies to one and all.
>
> Andrew.

Top posting is evil!

Ivan Ruiz Etxabe

não lida,
11 de ago. de 2002, 10:07:2611/08/2002
para
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:41:18 +0100, Nick Humphries
<ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> va y suelta:

>On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:37:53 GMT, jai...@navegalia.com (Ivan Ruiz Etxabe)
>wrote:
>
>>I think it's a good idea to import to our Spanish group
>
>If you can translate the text (or can find someone to do it), I can set up the
>autoposter to post a Spanish version to the Spanish newsgroup as well if you
>life.

Well if I guess right, the text to translate is the upper header
explaining what YS is, there's not much to translate in the
scores, right? It would be good to make known this review in
spanish ng, and might be an inducement to make the same thing
with the Spanish main review MH someday, so I'll translate after my
miniholiday, if you find it ok.

Ivan

Nick Humphries

não lida,
11 de ago. de 2002, 10:32:0911/08/2002
para
On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:07:26 GMT, jai...@navegalia.com (Ivan Ruiz Etxabe)
wrote:

>Well if I guess right, the text to translate is the upper header

>explaining what YS is, there's not much to translate in the
>scores, right?

Yep, it would just be the intro and the General (news) section that would need
translating.

>It would be good to make known this review in
>spanish ng, and might be an inducement to make the same thing
>with the Spanish main review MH someday, so I'll translate after my
>miniholiday, if you find it ok.

No probs - send me an email when ready, and I'll send you the master text
file.

| Nick Humphries ni...@egyptus.co.uk |
| The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ |
| The Tipshop: http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/ |

Cheer up, it's only 136 days until Christmas...

Lee Prince

não lida,
11 de ago. de 2002, 12:11:3511/08/2002
para
10 PRINT "david woz 'ere 10 Aug 2002"
20 GO TO 10

> "Andrew Pattison" <and...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

It is, because it breaks up the flow of the thread, but I've become far
more tolerant of top-posting than I was a year ago. I just can't be
bothered having a go at people for it any more (at least, in this
newsgroup).

Although if everyone running Windows used Xnews or Agent instead of OE
to read news, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place...
</troll>

/|ndy |<avanagh

não lida,
11 de ago. de 2002, 14:18:5111/08/2002
para
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sat, 10 Aug
2002 11:44:14 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
yawatina tan reek esk Nick Humphries <ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> fornis do
marikano es bono tan el:

>Ta mate. I was wondering if people were still reading them!

I read them too! :)

deKay
--
o /|ndy's Lofi Gaming -- www.lofi-gaming.org.uk o
/ Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy \

Otaku

não lida,
13 de ago. de 2002, 04:00:0313/08/2002
para
"Nick Humphries" <ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> wrote in message
> >Actually it was you who posted it a second time.
> >Nick's 'what happened 14/15 years ago this month' posts
> >are a nostalgic trip back to the magazine days
> >and posted infrequently enough not to annoy.
> >
> >I always read 'em.
>
> Ta mate. I was wondering if people were still reading them!

FACT: I don't read them but do insist on replying to them. And I like to
quote the entire message too!

> On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:05:24 +0100, "Llama-Wax Len"
> <al...@SPAMOFFauldgreytoon.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Excellent - with the site now quickly approaching its fifth birthday
(Friday
> 16th August) I was worried everyone might be getting sick of the posts.

Wow! Fifth birthday. That means you've been around longer than the actual
magazine? ;-)

Peter THOMA$

não lida,
13 de ago. de 2002, 17:08:5713/08/2002
para
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:00:03 GMT, "Otaku" <junk...@otakunozoku.com>
wrote:

>> Excellent - with the site now quickly approaching its fifth birthday
>(Friday
>> 16th August) I was worried everyone might be getting sick of the posts.
>Wow! Fifth birthday. That means you've been around longer than the actual
>magazine? ;-)

Er, it started in 1986, IIRC, and finished in 1993.

I bought my first issue in 1987 (the Moley Christmas one), and bought
every issue since, bar one.

--
pete {at} horseshoe-inn . co . uk
[New here? See http://faq.sinclairspectrum.com ]

"We are Codemasters of Borg - you will be simulated." - Nick Humphries

Hob

não lida,
14 de ago. de 2002, 06:47:4514/08/2002
para
Back in the dim, dark and distant past, Peter THOMA$ waffled on about:

> Er, it started in 1986, IIRC, and finished in 1993.
>
> I bought my first issue in 1987 (the Moley Christmas one), and bought
> every issue since, bar one.

Surely it was earlier than 86? I dropped it 87, and I'm sure I've got
more than 12 issues. That's actually frightening, that I left the Speccy
mag scene before some people even took it up.

--
Hob

Replace a with er!

luv-snail

não lida,
14 de ago. de 2002, 13:09:4614/08/2002
para
Lee Prince previously ejaculated:

And wash behind your ears!

luv-snail

não lida,
14 de ago. de 2002, 13:12:0614/08/2002
para
Lee Prince previously ejaculated:

...or the lovely[1] OE-quotefix

[1] Lovely when it works. Recently, my copy has developed a nasty tendency
to switch my indent character to ":" when i have specifically specified ">"

Nick Humphries

não lida,
14 de ago. de 2002, 13:52:4114/08/2002
para

Your Spectrum ran from 1984 to 1985, and then it was renamed to Your Sinclair
and ran from 1986 to 1993.

| Nick Humphries ni...@egyptus.co.uk |
| The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ |
| The Tipshop: http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/ |

To put things into perspective, it's only 133 days until Christmas...

Lister

não lida,
14 de ago. de 2002, 16:08:3614/08/2002
para
A long time ago (Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:52:41 +0100, probably), in a pub
far, far away, Nick Humphries <ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> slammed a
pint glass on the table and said :

>Your Spectrum ran from 1984 to 1985, and then it was renamed to Your Sinclair
>and ran from 1986 to 1993.

I'm sure I remember seeing some issues of YS in a local newsagents
back then

--
www.friendsreunited.co.uk |use this as
Listing free, registration £5/year |your signature

Steve Orr

não lida,
14 de ago. de 2002, 17:05:3614/08/2002
para

> I'm sure I remember seeing some issues of YS in a local newsagents
> back then

Really Lister? Shocking, I thought the only place you could get YS was from
the little gnome that lived at the bottom of my garden! Learn something new
every day.

Seriously though, where the hell else did you expect to find YS if not in a
newsagents?

Steve

Lister

não lida,
15 de ago. de 2002, 04:43:1015/08/2002
para
A long time ago (Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:05:36 +0100, probably), in a pub
far, far away, "Steve Orr" <mrt...@ntlworld.com> slammed a pint glass

on the table and said :

>Seriously though, where the hell else did you expect to find YS if not in a
>newsagents?

That's not the point I was trying to make, I was just saying I'd seen
it.

Vlad

não lida,
15 de ago. de 2002, 11:41:1415/08/2002
para
Aye Engengah Lister H'ee L'geb F'ai Throdog "Re: The Your Sinclair
Rock'n'Roll Years - September 1989" Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:43:10 +0100
comp.sys.sinclair:

L> That's not the point I was trying to make, I was just saying I'd
L> seen it.

Of course you have seen it - no one ever tried to conceal its presence
at a newsagents.
Did you try to read it as well, after having detected that it was
there?

--
Sator <sator72/at/libero/dot/it> <vlad72/at/inwind/dot/it>
icq#906246 - http://sator.250x.com - http://www.iammol.com

Lister

não lida,
15 de ago. de 2002, 19:15:3915/08/2002
para
A long time ago (Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:41:14 +0200, probably), in a pub
far, far away, Vlad <sat...@inwind.it> slammed a pint glass on the
table and said :

>Of course you have seen it - no one ever tried to conceal its presence
>at a newsagents.
>Did you try to read it as well, after having detected that it was
>there?

Sadly, no

0 nova mensagem