Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

So after all this time...

65 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

no leída,
17 sept 2021, 5:31:42 a.m.17/9/21
para
Has anyone created a basic that works very like ZX Basic that can make
itself work on a pc for normal tasks?
That in my view is what is missing from the current computers.Most of the
languages available, Python etc, tend to not be as intuitive as the old
basics were, and hence harder to learn.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Marcos Cruz

no leída,
28 oct 2021, 8:20:28 a.m.28/10/21
para
2021-09-17, Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone created a basic that works very like ZX Basic that can
> make itself work on a pc for normal tasks?

I have tried and used many BASIC interpreters on GNU/Linux over the
years, and my favourites are these two:

- Markus Hoffman's X11-Basic (http://x11-basic.sourceforge.net/ or
https://codeberg.org/kollo/X11-Basic). It's available also as an
Android app, by F-Droid.
- Michael Haardt's Bas (http://www.moria.de/~michael/bas/).

Other interesting alternatives are:

- Matrix Brandy (multiplatform BBC BASIC VI interpreter:
http://brandy.matrixnetwork.co.uk/)
- PC-BASIC (excellent GW-BASIC emulator written in Python:
http://pc-basic.org)
- QB64 (modern extended BASIC+OpenGL language that retains QB4.5/QBasic
compatibilty: http://www.qb64.net)
- bwBASIC (configurable to support many old dialects:
http://bwbasic.sourceforge.net)

I don't include FreeBASIC (http://freebasic.net) because it's only a
compiler.

Marcos Cruz

no leída,
28 oct 2021, 8:42:36 a.m.28/10/21
para
2021-09-17, Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone created a basic that works very like ZX Basic that can
> make itself work on a pc for normal tasks?

Also SpecBAS is interesting. I didn't include it in my previous list of
recomendations because I thought the project was abandoned, but I've
just seen it's on GitHub now: <https://github.com/ZXDunny/SpecBAS>.

I tried SpecBAS some years ago. It's certainly impressive, but I found
its approach unpractical for my needs.
0 mensajes nuevos