Dynamite Dan II

Fred Bloggs

Dec 24, 2007, 3:13:09 AM12/24/07
Does anyone know how to complete Dynamite Dan II?

I can get to the 8th island (the pressing plant), play the record, get fuel
for the blimp, and then go back to the blimp. The blimp flies off, but then
the screen just fades to black. There is no message saying "You have
completed the game" or similar.

Where am I going wrong?

I have tried denotating the juke box with various bomb, but there is
seemingly no way of doing this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

OwenBot

Dec 24, 2007, 4:45:55 AM12/24/07
Have you tried the RZX archive?

Daren

Dec 24, 2007, 6:46:16 AM12/24/07

Apparently the game cannot be completed. See here for more details:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15525

Cheers,

Daren
--
Walkthrough recordings of speccy games: http://www.rzxarchive.co.uk/
Speccy game endings: http://www.speccyspoilers.co.uk/

Fred Bloggs

Dec 26, 2007, 10:12:05 AM12/26/07

"Daren" <pea...@gmail-nospam.com> wrote in message

Thanks for your replies. As you say, it seems that the game cannot be
completed. Well, at least I tried.

David Sweeney

Mar 6, 2021, 5:29:21 AM3/6/21
I have been playing this game again recently. I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible to complete, because it was never really finished. I have looked at the discussion on the World of Spectrum forum, and it seems that there is no secret laboratory hidden away. There are only 192 actual locations.

However, I have managed to identify the music you hear when you play the record on each of the islands.

Here goes:

1. Sonata Facile K545 (Mozart)
2. In the Hall of the Mountain King (Grieg)
3. Fur Elise (Beethoven)
4. Bourree in E minor BWV996 (JS Bach)
5. Morning Mood (Grieg)
6. Bolero (Ravel)
7. Berceuse from Dolly Suite (Gabriel Faure)
8. Rondo Alla Turca (Mozart)

If you put together the first letter of each piece, you get:

SIFBMBBR

which would have been the password to the laboratory, I suppose!

I hope this is of interest to all of you!