Imagine Software Commercial Breaks

Simon Stewart

Apr 3, 2002, 6:38:23 AM4/3/02
Does anyone have a tape of the Commercial Breaks documentary that the
BBC filmed back in the early 80's about Imagine Software?

I have tried to get it from the BBC but they said due to copyright
reasons they couldn't provide me with a copy.

Also is the Paul Anderson who directed this documentary the same Paul
Anderson who directed Event Horizon and Resident Evil?

Cheers

--
Simon Stewart, simon....@retromags.co.uk

Check out http://www.retromags.co.uk for all your retro magazine needs

Russ Juckes

Apr 3, 2002, 6:46:22 AM4/3/02
On Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:38:23 +0100, Simon Stewart
<simon....@retromags.co.uk> wrote:

>Does anyone have a tape of the Commercial Breaks documentary that the
>BBC filmed back in the early 80's about Imagine Software?
>
>I have tried to get it from the BBC but they said due to copyright
>reasons they couldn't provide me with a copy.
>
>Also is the Paul Anderson who directed this documentary the same Paul
>Anderson who directed Event Horizon and Resident Evil?
>
>Cheers

No - it's a different Paul Anderson.

Incidentally, Paul Anderson, of Evenet Horizon fame, also directed
Mortal Kombat. I liked both films, but I think I'm in a minority for
that.

Outta here,

Russ Juckes - Atari Jaguar, Jamma Cabinet & Sinclair ZX Spectrum Owner
--
"Do you *really* want to play?" http://www.russandem.co.uk

/|ndy |<avanagh

Apr 3, 2002, 9:11:43 AM4/3/02
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed,
03 Apr 2002 11:46:22 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Russ Juckes
<juc...@russandem.co.uk> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Incidentally, Paul Anderson, of Evenet Horizon fame, also directed
>Mortal Kombat. I liked both films, but I think I'm in a minority for
>that.

I saw Event Horizon at the cinema when it came out. It scared the
life out of me too - however, I was more than a tad pished at the
time.

That's a top tip for watching "odd" or shite films - get drunk first
:)

deKay
--
o /|ndy's Lofi Gaming -- www.lofi-gaming.org.uk o
/ Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy \

Chris Young

Apr 3, 2002, 2:25:52 PM4/3/02
On Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:38:23 +0100, Simon Stewart (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
wibbled on for an age:

> Does anyone have a tape of the Commercial Breaks documentary that the
> BBC filmed back in the early 80's about Imagine Software?
>
> I have tried to get it from the BBC but they said due to copyright
> reasons they couldn't provide me with a copy.

Can't they even sell you a copy? Or retransmit it in a late night
slot on BBC Choice or something, where nobody is ever going to see it?

Chris

| http://www.unsatisfactory.freeserve.co.uk |
| Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
+-- http://www.ysac.cjb.net/ --ICQ:28784166-+

Neil Campbell

Apr 3, 2002, 3:44:44 PM4/3/02
/|ndy | wrote:

> That's a top tip for watching "odd" or shite films - get drunk first
> :)

Warning - this won't work with 'Armageddon'. This will be shite whatever
state you're in when you watch it.

--
Neil Campbell
batneil[AT]lineone[DOT]net

philicorda

Apr 3, 2002, 6:30:04 PM4/3/02
On Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:44:44 +0100, Neil Campbell wrote:

> /|ndy | wrote:
>
>> That's a top tip for watching "odd" or shite films - get drunk first :)
>>

> Warning - this won't work with 'Armageddon'. This will be shite
> whatever state you're in when you watch it.

Then, the solution is to get very drunk first.

At least you won't remember it.

Neil Campbell

Apr 3, 2002, 7:01:51 PM4/3/02
philicorda wrote:

Ahhh, I see. Or failing that, arrange to have a lobotomy just before the
film.

Marc Walters

Apr 3, 2002, 10:24:02 PM4/3/02

"Simon Stewart" <simon....@retromags.co.uk> wrote in message

Derek Glen

Apr 4, 2002, 3:14:04 AM4/4/02

"Neil Campbell" <nos...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Nah, DeKay was right - far better to have a bottle in front of me than a
frontal lobotomy.

--
degsy. :o)

MayhemUK

Apr 4, 2002, 4:24:01 AM4/4/02
> Does anyone have a tape of the Commercial Breaks documentary that the
> BBC filmed back in the early 80's about Imagine Software?

There were, AFAIK, two documentaries done about Imagine Software, by
two totally different teams. I have one of them at home, but I don't
think it's the one you are after. This one focuses more on the
liquidation and money problems Imagine got into in 84...

Simon Stewart

Apr 4, 2002, 7:53:21 AM4/4/02

There was another documentary (by ITV's Central Television I think)
which may be the one you have. I don't suppose you could make a copy of
it if I sent you a tape?

Simon Stewart

Apr 4, 2002, 7:54:32 AM4/4/02

Chris Young wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:38:23 +0100, Simon Stewart (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
> wibbled on for an age:
>
> > Does anyone have a tape of the Commercial Breaks documentary that the
> > BBC filmed back in the early 80's about Imagine Software?
> >
> > I have tried to get it from the BBC but they said due to copyright
> > reasons they couldn't provide me with a copy.
>
> Can't they even sell you a copy? Or retransmit it in a late night
> slot on BBC Choice or something, where nobody is ever going to see it?

The only suggestion I got was to go to the National Film & TV Archives
and pay a tenner or so to watch it in a room there (they can't sell it
either)

Looks like it may be my only option at the moment though!

Neil Campbell

Apr 4, 2002, 12:44:51 PM4/4/02
Derek Glen wrote:

> "Neil Campbell" <nos...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> philicorda wrote:

>> > Then, the solution is to get very drunk first.
>> >
>> > At least you won't remember it.
>>
>> Ahhh, I see. Or failing that, arrange to have a lobotomy just before the
>> film.
>>

> Nah, DeKay was right - far better to have a bottle in front of me than a
> frontal lobotomy.

Should've seen that one coming...

MayhemUK

Apr 4, 2002, 2:28:02 PM4/4/02
> There was another documentary (by ITV's Central Television I think)
> which may be the one you have. I don't suppose you could make a copy of
> it if I sent you a tape?

Sadly I only have access to one VCR, so can't really make any copies
(I was sent the one I have btw). Speaking of which, must actually find
out where I put the damn thing...!

Dunny

Apr 4, 2002, 1:23:01 AM4/4/02

Derek Glen <derek...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

or a Front Bottom?

D.

/|ndy |<avanagh

Apr 4, 2002, 3:41:06 PM4/4/02
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed,
03 Apr 2002 21:44:44 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Neil Campbell
<nos...@nowhere.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>> That's a top tip for watching "odd" or shite films - get drunk first
>> :)
>>

>Warning - this won't work with 'Armageddon'. This will be shite whatever
>state you're in when you watch it.

Actually, I have seem Armageddon pissed. The Rutger Hauer one, not
the Bruce Willis one.

victoria...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2020, 2:50:10 PM10/12/20
Wickr ID:bowe420