There is more detail on Uncle clive on other groups

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Sep 17, 2021, 5:28:44 AM9/17/21
That is a sad reflection on this one I feel.

The DIY group and the sheds groups to name but two.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Matt Rudge

Sep 18, 2021, 5:49:56 AM9/18/21
You're right, there's not much happening here at all anymore :(

For what it's worth, I remember as an 11 year-old in 1984 starting to
learn machine language on the Speccy and I wrote a "fan" letter to Uncle
Clive. They responded with a lovely letter, signed by Clive himself and
a whole pile of Sinclair Research promotional stuff.

I was very sad to hear of his passing, Sir Clive's work is directly
responsible for my career.