The 9th Adventurers Convention (UK)

Larry Horsfield

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

Any adventure fans in this NG, please read on:

This is the final reminder about the 9th Adventurers Convention, being
held in Birmingham (UK) in two weeks time.

The event is being held on Saturday, 24th October, in the Ariel Suite of
the Royal Angus Thistle Hotel, St. Chad`s, Birmingham B4, which at the
end of the A38M and easy to get to from all parts of the country. It
runs from 9am to around 6pm and covers all formats from Spectrums to
PC`s. Tables are available if you wish to bring along your own
computer(s) and we actively encourage this as we depend on those
attending to bring their computers, so the more the merrier! If you wish
to bring hardware and/or software to sell you are more than welcome to,
but no pirated software please!

The event attracts adventure enthusiasts from all over the UK, including
Northern Ireland, and the atmosphere is very friendly and informal. Many
of us stay overnight at the hotel and the evenings can be just as lively
and interesting as the convention itself! We have yet to welcome anyone
from outside the UK, but we live hope!

During the day we have the popular "Megapoints" competition running. In
this the contestants get 20 minutes playing time at a specially written
Spectrum text adventure, with the object of scoring as many points as
possible in the alloted time. There are usually cash prizes and special
certificates for the 3 highest scores. The adventure this year has been
written by Ulsterman Jon Scott, author of various Spectrum text
adventures published by Zenobi Software.

Tickets are available at 6 ukp per person from the address below, or you
may pay at the door on the day if you wish.

Vicky Jackson, 128 Merton Hall Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3PZ

Please make cheques/PO`s payable to V. Jackson

* * * * * * * *

HOTEL ACCOMMODATION:

The Royal Angus Thistle Hotel has special room rates for those attending
the Convention. These include full English breakfast and are as follows:

Single Room: 37.50 ukp per night.

Double/Twin: 32.50 per person, per night.

Please contact the hotel to book your accommodation, NOT the convention
organisers. The address and phone number are:

Royal Angus Thistle Hotel, St.Chad`s, Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6HY

Telephone: 0121-236-4211

Don`t forget to inform the hotel you are attending the Adventurers
Convention, otherwise you will be charged the normal room rates!

If you have any queries about the Convention, or would like to reserve
tables for your hard/software, please contact me at the email address
below.

Hope to see you in Brum on the 24th!

Larry Horsfield

ala...@larryhorsfield.demon.co.uk

KTyers1951

Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98

Anyone coming to join us in Birmingham? - It's a great day...

David Ledbury

Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
On 17 Oct 1998 14:09:15 GMT, ktyer...@aol.com (KTyers1951) wrote:

>Anyone coming to join us in Birmingham? - It's a great day...

Yeah, I'd love to go... quite a good bunch last time I went
(admittedly a few years ago ;)

Wonder if John Wilson will turn up? ;)