Any Speccy Next chums or soon to be Speccy Next chums in here?

richneptune

Jun 21, 2023, 9:04:16 AM6/21/23
Hi Specchums!

Looks like the next Speccy Next kickstarter will be delivering late
summer/autumn. I am of course excited to get back into tinkering with some real
hardware and programming some NextBASIC in the nude, just as Sir Clive intended
for us to use our Spectrums in the privacy of our own bedrooms.

Anyone else part of the SpecNext hype train, or should I be prepared to be
chased out of the group with pitchforks, torches and dog poo on the end of
shovels?

Calum

Jun 24, 2023, 1:18:44 PM6/24/23
On 21/06/2023 14:04, richneptune wrote:

> Anyone else part of the SpecNext hype train, or should I be prepared to be
> chased out of the group with pitchforks, torches and dog poo on the end of
> shovels?

*waves* Yep, I'm eagerly waiting on mine. Although I have no idea where
I'm going to put it, or what I'm going to do with it.

richneptune

Jun 24, 2023, 5:26:24 PM6/24/23
On 2023-06-24, our chum 'Calum' wrote:
> *waves* Yep, I'm eagerly waiting on mine. Although I have no idea where
> I'm going to put it, or what I'm going to do with it.

Sounds pretty much like me! I'll definitely use it to run some games
with massive overclocks, check out the BBS scene and play with some of
the Next specific software. Definitely can't wait to unbox it, though!

Matt Rudge

Jul 7, 2023, 8:14:27 AM7/7/23
On 21/06/2023 14:04, richneptune wrote:
Yep, I'm excitedly waiting on mine. And I've pre-downloaded the Next
assembly programming manual to get going straight away :)

Pierre

Jul 8, 2023, 9:59:14 PM7/8/23

Yes I am on the Next hype train. It has been a long time coming but it will be worth the wait.

Cheers
Pierre

Calum

Dec 28, 2023, 3:59:18 PM12/28/23
It arrived just in time for Christmas. Still have no idea where I'm
going to put it or what I'm going to do with it, but I'm enjoying
reading the manual!

Matt Rudge

Dec 30, 2023, 8:24:29 PM12/30/23
I got mine just before Christmas too...I've been enjoying downloading
old games on it - and I might use it to develop a CSSCGC entry this year
too.

> but I'm enjoying reading the manual!

It's a thing of beauty, isn't it?

Calum

Jan 2, 2024, 12:35:35 PMJan 2
On 31/12/2023 01:24, Matt Rudge wrote:

> It's a thing of beauty, isn't it?

It is. To be honest I also hadn't realised how many improvements were in
Next BASIC... I obviously knew the graphics and sound stuff had been
ramped up, but I didn't know about all the general language niceties.
Message has been deleted

Pierre

Jan 29, 2024, 1:25:01 AMJan 29
My ZX Spectrum Next KS2 has arrived in Melbourne, Australia. Happy Days :)