Is MPI factory installed on Octane dual CPU

Joseph Maxwell

Jun 9, 2003, 11:53:58 AM6/9/03
Hello,

I have an Octane machine, dual processor, came from SGI w/ O/S
installed, & w/
the dual CPU's. I would assume then that sgi's MPI is installed, I
tried,
whereis MPI ; whereis mpi ; a similar search with find (both upper &
lower cases)
apparently yielded nothing, am I searching for the correct name. Similar

searches using

versions | grep mpi & also versions | grep MPI
showed nothing appropriate too.

How could I determine if it is installed?

Please advice.

Thanks

-- Joe --

mike

Jun 9, 2003, 12:22:26 PM6/9/03
Joseph Maxwell wrote:

did you try 'man mpi' ?

Alexis Cousein

Jun 25, 2003, 6:20:26 AM6/25/03
to Joseph Maxwell
Joseph Maxwell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an Octane machine, dual processor, came from SGI w/ O/S
> installed, & w/
> the dual CPU's. I would assume then that sgi's MPI is installed,

Do not assume. MPT (includes mpi) is on
<URL:http://www.sgi.com/products/evaluation/>

The command for running MPI programs is mpirun, not mpi.