Re: SGI - IRIX...

MG

Nov 30, 2014, 10:02:34 AM11/30/14
ryan.h...@hotmail.co.uk schreef op 22-nov-2014 om 01:54:
> (2) MAME emulates certain SGI hardware reasonably competently,
> like Indy and Indigo. I would run more tests with it but
> unfortunately MAME keeps crashing when I try to install IRIX
> on an emulated hard disk. Can't seem to get around this and
> i'm just waiting for new versions of MAME to fix it. Bug
> report is due, me thinks.

Could you perhaps tell us more about this? MAME of all, how
peculiar and all the more interesting.

I do still read the SGI and related USENET groups, but my
last messages sadly seemed to have fallen to deaf ears...

- MG

Erik Baigar

Nov 30, 2014, 12:24:53 PM11/30/14
MG wrote:

> Could you perhaps tell us more about this? MAME of all, how
> peculiar and all the more interesting.

Yes, I had a look at the MAME page, but I did not get the
impression, that MAME can be used to simulate an IRIX workstation?

I'd be also interested in more details...

Erik.

MG

Dec 11, 2014, 8:46:59 AM12/11/14
Erik Baigar schreef op 30-nov-2014 om 18:24:
> Yes, I had a look at the MAME page, but I did not get the
> impression, that MAME can be used to simulate an IRIX workstation?
>
> I'd be also interested in more details...

Sadly there's once more an eerie silence...

- MG