o2, irix 6.5 network install

Jeff Utter

Feb 5, 2002, 7:42:05 PM2/5/02
I know this has been covered many times before, on these newsgroups, but
i've been searching through the newsgroup archives at google.com for days
now, and havn't been able to solve my problem. I have an o2, and i was
just wondering how to do a network install of irix on it?

i think my main problem is, i dont' know what has to be on my install
server (a linux box) i have bootp, and tftp, however it's not working.

Also i need to know what commands to run on the irix box.
something like bootp()192.168.0.2:/cdrom/stand/fx.ARCS
or something lke that?

sorry for the trouble i'm new at this

Also, if i ever figure it out, i'm planning on documenting it
thouroughly, and putting it up on my webserer, it seems to be a very
commonly asked question.