Indy Presenter compatibility

Jason Musgrove

Nov 9, 2002, 5:38:46 PM11/9/02
I have a mix of Indy and Indigo 2 hardware and was considering
purchasing some presenters for some of them. However, I'm not entirely
certain about the compatibility between the two sizes of presenter and the
graphics cards in the machines:

Both my Indys have 8-bit XL cards in them and I have seen corona cards
for sale compatible with these cards. Is the Corona card compatible with
both presenters (1024 and 1280) or are seperate cards required for each type
of presenter?

I have also seen Indigo 2 corona cards for sale - are these tied to any
specific graphics card series (Impact vs. non-Impact) like the Indigo2Video
boards or is it a generic board compatible with all Indigo 2 cards? What
resolution of presenter do they support?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Jason

Wendell Teodoro

Nov 10, 2002, 7:26:43 AM11/10/02
"Jason Musgrove" <j.musgrov...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Magz9.20121$8P5....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>...

Hi Jason

corona presenter cards support both modes 8 bit and 24 bit
althoughjthe presenter itself has a colour depth of about 15 bits
-still cool, as for cables you need two certain types the standard one
(exotic honda on both ends) connect a presnter 1024 to a corona card
a 'LDI' to (exotic honda) cable connects a presenter 12280 to a corona
the presenter 1280 has the LDI interface(looks like a DFP or o2 cam
serial digital connector but different) - does anyone know the real
names for these things?

bye

Wendell
www.networkr.com