"Flight" Question About SAM's

Sean Schur

Sep 17, 1991, 3:58:43 AM9/17/91
I have a question about playing Flight/Dog. There is an option listed
in the man page about turning on the "safety cones" for airspace
around the SAM sites. It states the in "newer versions" of the
game that SAM's will fire if the cones/domes are violated. If I
hit the option key to turn the cones on ("T" or "I", I forget which
right now) the cones/domes come on, but I have never had a SAM
fire. We have 4D/25TG machines which we just recieved 2 months ago
running 3.2.2. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a newer version
available. I am aware that the texture option is only available
for 4D/35 machines. Is that also the case for the SAM's?

One more quick question. I want to run Arena over the net,
but every time I start if from console with "Arena -n" I get a
plain blue screen with the radars on. After a few seconds it
completely locks up and I have to reset the machine completely.
The game does work fine without the -n option.

I'm not too proud to ask questions about the games :-).

Sean Schur USENET: sc...@isi.edu
Assistant Director Amiga/Media Lab Compuserve: 70731,1102
Character Animation Department
California Institute of the Arts

Operator

Sep 17, 1991, 10:58:41 AM9/17/91