SGI's Twilight Background

Edrusb

Mar 28, 2009, 7:45:13 AM3/28/09
Hello all,

Some years ago ('94), I had the chance to work on SGI machine and I
remember the "twilight" background which I found very beautiful. I could
not find anything on google except just a man page about this
background. Does it still exists? Can someone send me a jpeg of it?

Kind Regards,
Edrusb.

josehill

Mar 31, 2009, 11:55:26 PM3/31/09
IIRC, the twilight image was dynamically rendered via a GL program, so
there is no "official" image available. I think that the closest you
can get would be a screenshot of a live desktop.

Edrusb

Apr 1, 2009, 3:25:16 PM4/1/09
Hello,

josehill wrote:
> IIRC, the twilight image was dynamically rendered via a GL program, so
> there is no "official" image available. I think that the closest you
> can get would be a screenshot of a live desktop.

Well, in that case, can anyone --- having access to a SGI host --- make
a screenshot of it for me, please?

Message has been deleted

Edrusb

Apr 7, 2009, 5:03:25 AM4/7/09
Hello Vadim,

Vadim Petrov wrote:

> I do not have an access to SGI machine anymore, but I see that you are
> running Linux and therefore you may be interested in the MaXX Desktop
> WM, which closely imitates the 4Dwm from SGI:
> http://www.maxxdesktop.com/site/

Thanks for the info! :-)

> Perhaps they have the Twilight jpeg somewhere.

Yep, I'll have a look at it!!!

> Vadim

Regards,
Denis.