Onyx 4 Request

Pierre Guillerm

May 29, 2014, 12:09:31 PM5/29/14
Hello,

I found on the Silicon Graphics� Onyx4� UltimateVision� User�s Guide the
way to cable a 32 processors 16 pipes racked system.

Then I saw on SGiStuff and geek websites that a 64 processors 32 pipes
racked systems can be cabled

Onyx4 UltimateVision Extreme Configuration
Processors: 16-64
Graphics pipes: 8-32
Memors: up to 128 GB
Configuration: tall rack

I would like to know how to make this configuration. Is there somewhere
the way to do it. In fact how to cable it?

Thanks
Regards
Pierre

Richard

May 29, 2014, 2:49:23 PM5/29/14

Pierre Guillerm <sr71.bl...@free.fr> spake the secret code
<53875bc1$0$2929$426a...@news.free.fr> thusly:

>I found on the Silicon Graphics� Onyx4� UltimateVision� User�s Guide the
>way to cable a 32 processors 16 pipes racked system.
>
>Then I saw on SGiStuff and geek websites that a 64 processors 32 pipes
>racked systems can be cabled
>
>Onyx4 UltimateVision Extreme Configuration
>Processors: 16-64
>Graphics pipes: 8-32
>Memors: up to 128 GB
>Configuration: tall rack
>
>I would like to know how to make this configuration. Is there somewhere
>the way to do it. In fact how to cable it?

This sounds similar to my 4-rack Onyx2 Reality Monster configuration
seen here:
<http://computergraphicsmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/wall-25-150x100.jpg>

In my case, I have 4 Origin 2000 style tall racks. One rack contains
two boxes with CPUs and the other three racks contain the graphics
pipes. The whole set is connected together with SGI/Cray NUMAlink
cabling. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NUMAlink>
The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>